MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my first handgun after researching and renting several models.

Some of the models tried recently were the Glock 22, Sig 226, and an HK USP .45. I also wanted to try a Taurus 24/7 pro and the M&P .40, but didn't have time to run around to diff shops to rent them. After holding one at the local shop and having seen their ad for 479 I bought my M&P .40 tonight after reading all the great reviews and praise for it. I really hope this first purchase lives up to all the hype.

I passed up a Sig 229R .40 for this one due to the excellent ergonomics, price point, and the S&W promotion for 2 free mags if purchased before the end of June. Glad to see there's a dedicated forum for this pistol. Time to read on!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
welcome to the family... you will find alot of useful information here... i must say though that the sig 226 is one of my all time favorite pistols! however congrats on your choice and i hope you get 100% reliability !

·
Registered
154 Posts
WELCOME

welcome to the forum greenpea76

The M&P is my first firearm as well.

I had looked at the XD and a whole bunch of 1911's but in the end was sold on the M&P (I got mine in 9mm) because of its great reviews; ads in my father's NRA magazine (he's not a gun owner but joined the NRA for political reasons); its internal safety features; and the fact that my local gun shop had it on sale for $399.

Now its the gun that I compare all other firearms to...and it always comes out on top.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats. It's a fine gun indeed. The Sig 229 is also I great gun... as well as the S&W 1911s. You can't just have one and be satisfied.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Nice you wont be dissapointed to say the least, then again everyone has there own opinions! If there is something you want done to it though, Dan Burwell is the man to see around here! 8)

Welcome and congrats!!!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site, I'll be gentle... :wink:

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

There is a lot of good info on this forum and a lot of nice folks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts