MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My M&P 2.0 and my .45 Shield (pre-M2.0 Marking) have a bit different trigger pull.

.45 Shield - clean smooth take up, zero creep, hard wall, very crisp 5.0 lb break, no noticeable over-travel.

M&P M2.0 Compact 4" .40 S&W.
Smooth take up, then a bit of slightly spongy ramp up (I'm not sure if it's creep or the force necessary to disengage the safety), lighter break (I'm guessing close to 4 lb after a couple of thousand rounds but have not measured) and a noticeable although not excessive amount of over-travel.

The Shield has the finest quality oem striker trigger I've ever experienced. It feels like a good 1911 with take-up in front of it other than being a couple of pounds heavier.

Neither the weight of the Shield Trigger nor the feel and noticeable over-travel of the M2.0 Compact interfere with my shooting but honestly I wish the M2.0 Compact felt more like the Shield.

I think:
Shield - Really good trigger.
M&P M2.0 - It's light and feels pretty good for a striker fired trigger.

Is this the norm or something (maybe polishing the safety plunger and/or bore) be done to make the M&P feel more like the Shield.

These are carry pistols so I really don't want to change parts or do anything that could effect reliability.

If you say that's just normal for those pistols and nothing to be done I will just leave it alone.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I read years ago that the LE M&P’s got better triggers. I thought it was non-sense just to get some people riled up.

But I’ll say this, my two LE guns have decent triggers, they were made in 2008. My Shield from 2012 and my 2.0 Compact from 2019 is not near as good, my Performance Center CORE (2016) was garbage. I had to replace it with an APEX before I could even use it.

So, you really never know what you will get, and they are not all created equal.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I read years ago that the LE M&P’s got better triggers. I thought it was non-sense just to get some people riled up.

But I’ll say this, my two LE guns have decent triggers, they were made in 2008. My Shield from 2012 and my 2.0 Compact from 2019 is not near as good, my Performance Center CORE (2016) was garbage. I had to replace it with an APEX before I could even use it.

So, you really never know what you will get, and they are not all created equal.
Sort of "like a box of chocolates?"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I may be giving the impression that the M&P M2.0 trigger is bad. It's not. It's at least as good (and actually feels lighter) as the stock 4.5 lb trigger in my Canik TP9SF "Game Gun" (Basically a PPQ Trigger) and I shoot 2" offhand groups at 15 yards with that trigger.

I guess my .45 Shield just spoiled me. It's not as light but the trigger is absolutely perfect for a Carry Gun for me.

LE Triggers - I was told the pistols are just given a higher level of QC. If the triggers fall outside of a tighter than normal tolerance they bring them within this spec. If you have a specific spec you require they will do almost anything to accommodate you via the Custom Shop including installing and warranting Apex Parts.

This I assume would only apply to contract guns and not an individual purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts