MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you have asked me about this option. I am now set up to do it. This is one of my M&P 9's with a J-Point milled into the slide. It co-witnesses very well with the factory front sight should you need the emergancy back up of the iron sights.

CHECK 360

David Bowie

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I really dig that... what is the cost on getting that puppy installed?

I love the setup that gives.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ok, ya got me droolin. Someone get my bucket.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sight picture is a red 8 minute dot. the iron sight picture is through the lens but looks very traditional. The dot does not have to be lined up with anything. Just like any rifle red dot, like the Aimpoint, It has pretty much zero paralex and is a target focused shooting system. Very fast very accurate. If the dot is on you are on.

I have used them even on duty but they do require more care and maintinance than iron sights. But if you are willing to care for it, it does work very well.

100 to 150 Yard hits on pepper poppers are not to hard. Precise hostage type shots are real easy and just in general very fast.

CHECK 360

David Bowie

·
Registered
119 Posts
What kind of care and maint. would be required? Once I get my IWB holster I plan to carry daily, so would this be to much of an encumberance for that kind of duty?

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would carry it in a heartbeat in a concealed carry roll. It makes the gun a little bigger in profile but not much. It needs to be kept somewhat clean so you can see through the lens. Change batteries a couple times a year and maybe use some plastic safe anti fog. But this is not a big problem in a concealed carry roll because it will maintain a more constant temp inside clothing.

If you treat your gun like a beat up lawn mower this is not the sight for you. If you like to mess with your guns and like to keep them reasonably well kept it will work great.

CHECK 360

David Bowie

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sounds great, thanks for the info. I want to see one up close before I shell out that kinda dough, but it looks like a nice addition to a good weapon.

·
Registered
495 Posts
You did it!!!!!!!!! It just got more expensive to send my guns to you but now I can hardly wait to do it. Heck, can I just buy that one?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Does the extra weight on the slide screw around with the cycling/action dynamics? That must be one tough optic to handle riding the slide without breaking or shifting zero. The only other similar set-up I've seen is a Dr. Optic (I think it was) on a Glock run by Kelly McCann. Interesting.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The weight of the sight is so little you do not even feel the difference in handling or shooting. I have ran this sight on two glocks over the past couple years with great results. One was recently featured in Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement Magazine. The sight is pretty tough. I have purposely beat one off of posts and other items to check it out and it maintained it's point of aim and impact. The military has been using alot of these on rifles as back ups to the ACOG. One unit was using them on Glock 21's.

Kelly has been a big advocate of the red dot on the handgun. It is great to be able to target focus and not lose the clarity of the adversary. It gives a new level of precision in medium to longer shots that must be made. When in a crowd it would be great to be able to keep your adversary clear. For the possible hostage shot it is un-equaled.

CHECK 360

David Bowie

·
Registered
936 Posts
How big is a 8moa dot's area at 25m?

·
Registered
936 Posts
right; 8" at 100, 4" at 50, and 2" at 25m.

thanks, brain fart.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts