MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Great forum. I just found the site today as I was researching the M&P9C that Im looking at buying. I have a 15T that I love, its a tough, good looking and properly built AR. I'll post the pics now to avoid the "post pics or die" comments.lol.

Mods are-

Magpul MIAD

Magpul CTR

Magpul trigger guard

Magpul rail covers

Magpuls

FSC556 Flash Suppressing Compensator

Bobro short FVG

Eotech 551.A65

CQD side sling mount

Gear sector single point

Color fill FIRE/SAFE

And thats it, here are the pics.(everything was bought through rainierarms.com)

Good? any ideas?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Looks nice! 'grats

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've been thinking seriously about filling in the engraving on a few longarms....did you do that yourself or did you have it done somewhere?

Follow up Q.... if you did it yourself would you give us a review?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Surefire light and Green-Beam laser

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. Also I might do the light but I dont want the laser, this gun is already packin on the lbs as it is. I want it to remain for CQB only.

And yes I did the color fill myself. I went to walmart and bought the red and white model paint ENAMEL. They had something else and the enamel, buy the enamel.

You will need-

1. rubbing alcohol.

2. remove the selector switch if you want, but I did it W/O removing it.

3. Get some bore solvent(strong stuff like hoppes)

4. Q-tips

5. model paint brush

6. paint

Prep the surface for painting(alcohol). And then I found its easier to use the brush and gob a decent amount over the word you want to fill and then use your thumb/finger to smear the rest off and fill the voids. This is where I freaked, the paint will start to set as soon as its on the metal. The smear from the finger wipe wouldnt come off with alcohol. So I found that through trial and error that bore solvet on a Qtip will take it right off. Be careful not to get solvent into the wording where the paint is. Use the Qtip around the words carefully to get the smudge off. Repeat steps for the other colors/side. And bingo a factory lookin job.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've had similar results with the Testors model paint and a sharp toothpick. Just dap the toothpick in the paint and then run in the grooves. It will fill itself in and level out just by moving the toothpick around in the channels. looks good!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
coltman1985 said:
I've had similar results with the Testors model paint and a sharp toothpick. Just dap the toothpick in the paint and then run in the grooves. It will fill itself in and level out just by moving the toothpick around in the channels. looks good!

Anyone tried fine-point paint pens? Sounds like it would work similar to coltman's method...

ETA: clarified second sentence

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Looks good my friend.. Crayons are a lot cheaper and lime green looks so saavy

IMHO get a custom soft grip handle. same for pistol grip a surfire and youre ready for baghdad
8)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Fireman1291 said:
The paint wasnt that expensive and I needed it to freshin up the colors on the USP as well. Plus once it dried it was permanent and looks factory.

Yea, it looks great. Just wondering if paint pens would work as well... just a thought

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Fireman1291 said:
prob, give it a shot. you could always remove it with bore solvent. go for it and post pics.

Yea... I'm going to end up doing it Friday when I got some free time... not saying I don't have free time now, but this is my day off and i'm enjoying it in A/C while watching tv 8)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Fireman1291 said:
Good? any ideas?
Fireman1291 welcome,

It seems that you have a few Magpul items. Have you tried the Magpul P-Mags? I'm curious because they will not fit some M&P15s. It looks very nice.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm liking the OD Gear Sector sling. I got my black ASP w/HK stub and HK endplate adapter in about a week ago. Love it! If you bought directly from Gear Sector I'm sure you're aware that Jason Trusty is an awesome guy to do business with. COuldn't ask for a nicer guy or better quality product.

I still fail to see how the FSC works - seeing as how the flash suppressor is after the compensator? Looks cool, though. Shoulda got the one with the tiny carbide spikes to break windows. Looks menacing as hell, and would be nasty for CQB. :twisted:

Overall the gun's sexy as hell. About the only way I can think of that you could make it any cooler would be a suppressor. Other than that you've pretty much nailed it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have not tried the Pmags but John @ rainierarms is going to hold some window and smoke Pmags when they come in, hopefully they work.

And thanks for the compliments Josh. The FSC really works, the gun doesnt even move. It doesnt hide as well as a A2 but much better than a comp. check out the vids on the rainierarms website.-Adam

G

·
0 Posts
I have found that PMAGs will not work with my M&P15T. (Why isn't your rifle on safe)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts