MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. Just got back from the range today.. Wife bought me 400rds of WWB from Walmart for father's day.. Wife and kid took off for the zoo and I have a whole day to myself..
Came home because it was getting hot.. Had a blast and not a single problem out of either.. I just love both.. My buddy's 40c came in yesterday and he met up with me.. He was just having too much fun shooting his..

While I was there a guy had a H&K USP 45 Tactical.. We were comparing guns.. My 40 vs his 45.. I wish I would have had a M&P45 with me
(Hint Hint to the wife). I didn't like the feel of his H&K.. It felt like holding a 2x4.. I guess I am spoiled.. The M&P just fits my hand so nice and very comfortable... I have said it before and I will say it again.. S&W did it right with the M&P..

Ben

·
Registered
910 Posts
Umm, that's great and all, but which range?!
I didn't know there was another South Carolinian on here from the Low Country!

I've got a M&P9c(fully done up by Dan Burwell), M&P40c, and a M&P45. If you wanna try the 45 out, or go shooting sometime, and don't mind shooting with a young Air Force kid give me a hollar. I'd love to go shoot with some fellow M&P guys.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh.. I see you are in Mt. Pleasant.. Yeah.. We went to the Francis Marion National Forest.. There is an outdoor range called Twin Ponds.. It is about 18 miles north of Mt. Pleasant.. Up US 17 towards McClellanville.. You will see a sign on the left side of the road that is a National Forest sign that says.. "Twin Ponds Rifle Range".. That is where you will turn.. It is call Steed Rd and it is a 2 lane paved rd.. Drive about 2 miles down that road until you see another sign on the left that says "Twin Ponds Rifle Range" with an arrow pointing right.. It will be dirt.. Drive until you see some gates and you will hear gun fire... That is it.. It is nice.. They have tables and it is covered.. A 100yd range.. What is cool.. You never know what people will be shooting out there.. Over the memorial day weekend, a guy showed up with a full auto AR-15 and a Mac 10.. Today a guy had an H&K USP 45 Tac with a sound suppressor... For indoor shooting.. We have ATP in Summerville and Trader World off Cross County Rd... Since it is summer.. I would use ATP.. It has AC and it is $5 for all day long.. They just built it about 9 months ago.. I will PM you when I decide to go again.. Which will be in about a month..
I try to go once a month.. Sometime I go twice a month...

HTH,

Ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts