MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it going guys? I'm new to the forum and am a first time gun owner i put 250 rounds through it and wen i cleaned it i noticed my barrel isnt smooth like ive seen in other handguns. Is this normal in can try to post a picture if anyone had this issue or can help me out.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Welcome from Texas Rich! :gathering: I'm just wondering how well the gun shot those 250 rounds. Were there any problems? :D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house!

·
Registered
689 Posts
The pictures are a little blurry, but, your barrel seems not look fine. The grooves are a little dark. Did you clean before your first outing? How was your grouping with the 250 rounds?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
There is nothing wrong just clean it and go shooting again.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had noticed the same with my 9 and 40 barrels, and more recently with a .357 Sig barrel. When cleaning with patches it does feel "gritty" and not smooth like other barrels. This is only temporary and with continued shooting and cleaning it will smooth out. I use JB's Bore Bright on my M&P barrels to help speed the process and condition the bore for easier cleaning, especially with lead. After about 1000 rounds you really shouldn't notcie it at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It shot the 250 rounds quite nicely no problems. and the accuracy seemed good. groupings were all within a 5 inch circle give or take. i didnt clean before first shooting it. is that a mistake?

·
Registered
260 Posts
It’s generally a good habit to clean the gun before the first shooting. This way you get a chance to visually inspect the pistol and make sure nothing has changed or is obstruction the barrel since it’s test firing from the factory. In the old days, guns were packed in gobs of protectorant greases which could impact safety and reliability if it got down the barrel.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! The manual says to clean it before the first time that you shoot it. There have been other posts on here that talk about malfunctions when not following the instructions. I am kind of old school when it comes to cleaning. I clean every gun that I buy before shooting it for the first time be it new or used and I still clean every gun that I own after shooting it. There are a lot of folks on here that fire many rounds without cleaning them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
NEVER CLEANED MY GLOCK. Bad Idea. It shot and shot, but getting it back to "show room quality" that was a *******.
Now the oil/lube that comes with it out of the box, is not so much a lube as it is a protective, as they dont know how long the handgun will be sitting before its bought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts