MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my gun after the 10 day wait and off to the range. Oh yeah - standard sights, mag disconnect, no internal lock, s/n MPP27xx. Fit and finish first rate. Switched to the large grip insert which was a great help. No more squirming in my hand although I wish the top of the grip under the beavertail had more bulk to it. My hand still swallows the gun pretty completely - more than I would like. 150 rounds WWB downrange and everything is perfect. Observations -- VERY comfortable to shoot; on par with a GLOCK 22 which I find comfortable. Trigger reset somewhere between and XD and GLOCK but trigger very good over all. It should smooth out in time but it's really OK as it is. Sights well regulated. Light recoil - lightest of any .40 I have shot. Accuracy is fine - I can hit a pie plate off-hand at 50 feet most of the time which is pretty good for me - arthritic hands and declining eyesight you know. One funny thing - I like to test the striker by putting an eraser tipped pencil in the barrel and seeing how far the pencil shoots out when I hold it upright and dry fire it. The pencil only shuddered. My primer strikes were strong and consistent. Go figure! Oh yeah, and my slide doesn't close by itself when I slam a fresh mag home. Now I hated the idea of having to use a tool to field strip the gun and I couldn't get my fat pinkie to snag the sear disconnect for takedown. So I locked the slide back, insured the gun was clear, inserted empty mag, turned the takedown lever, released the slide lock, eased the slide forward, pulled the trigger, removed the mag, and then slid the slide right off the front. Didn't have to fuss with the little yellow sear disconnect at all!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts