MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my P229 ... carried all winter and spring ... but as summer comes along ... I needed something a little smaller ... and my research lead to M&P40c ... first day at range today ... had P229 and M&P side by side ... silos 7, 10 and 20 yards ... I was concerned that the M&Pc would have lots more felt recoil because of the weight and grip size ... but was pleasantly surprised that the M&P was very comfortable to shoot ... follow-ups were almost as fast as the P229 (that SRT is pretty sweet) ... considering it's size ... the M&Pc was very accurate ... it didn't take very long to get the feel of the trigger (sand and all!) ... not sure what the pull weight is ... but it felt as comfortable as my XD ... which has a trigger job ... I tried the medium and large palm swells ... liked the large ... I have big hands ... also ... the finger extension mag is the only way to go for me ... I will be ordering some from S&W to convert my flat base mag ... my CTAC arrived before the pistol so I was able to try that out as well ... very comfortable and definitely easier to conceal than the P229 also in CTAC ... I used Winchester WB ... Montana Gold handloads ... and Speer Gold Dots ... all worked well ... everything worked well ... 150 rounds downrange in M&P ... I was a little concerned about slide bite ... but that seemed to be fine even with my very large hands ... I can't shoot Glocks because of bite with my hand ... so glad M&Pc works ... the M&Pc points as well as my P229 ... which is great ... I was surprised when doing a press check that the slide needed a little help to get back into lockup ... the spring is almost at rest when disassembled ... so not surprising ... but something to pay attention to ... so too early to really tell yet ... but it's very encouraging at this point ... I think the M&Pc is a winner ... looking forward to continuing the testing ... John

·
Registered
24 Posts
thanks for the review. i have been considering an m&p .40c for about 3 months now and i believe you have given me the impetus to run to streicher's and pick one up tomorrow. i had carried my pt-140 but my wife shot it at the range and liked it so much she absconded it for her ccw. i shot an m&p .40c at a dealer show at a local range and really liked it. have been trying to justify the expenditure ever since. it's only money, right? right? please say it's all right!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am definitely in favor of the 40 S&W ... but have respect for the 9 mm ... everyone has to work through their caliber issues ... I found the P229 40 S&W very easy to shoot ... and now the M&P40c also is easy to shoot ... I have no complaints ... but I must qualify this by saying that I do not yet own a 9 mm ... and ... you know ... I am not looking for one either ... back to the range tomorrow ... I need more time with the M&P40c so I can start carrying it ... John

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
pastor paul said:
thanks for the review. i have been considering an m&p .40c for about 3 months now and i believe you have given me the impetus to run to streicher's and pick one up tomorrow. i had carried my pt-140 but my wife shot it at the range and liked it so much she absconded it for her ccw. i shot an m&p .40c at a dealer show at a local range and really liked it. have been trying to justify the expenditure ever since. it's only money, right? right? please say it's all right!

You wont regret it one bit, its a fine weapon, so much I have both the full size and compact.

SO, IT'S ALL RIGHT... :wink:

·
Registered
89 Posts
M&P 40c VS Sig 229

jfinet, Your Sig 229 is a great pistol, but I believe you'll find the M&P 40c to be more than you ever expected or hoped for in a pistol. S&W engineers and subject matter experts went way above and beyond the call of duty when task by S&W to design, develope and field a series of pistols that surpassed the competition in comfort, quality, relibility. accuracy, performance and customer service. And boy did they ever deliver!

To me the M&P 6c and 40c recoil wise arn't much different (both soft compared to other manufactures)

Obviously I'm very satisfied with mine.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts