MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner here. The m&p40c has changed everything for me. The glocks locked in the back of my safe have found a final resting place.
Transitioning from G27 to the 2.0 40c has turned me into a better man and I no longer yell at my knife or beat my glocks. My wife and kids have noticed a difference too.

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
103 Posts
Welcome Mike..
I guess you figured out that the M&Ps fit the hand better & point correctly better than Glock..
Been there & done that.. Sold off all my Glocks but the holster box is still full of those holsters..
My Local gun getting place has two M&P40Cs & a 9mm too, Bad part is they want $569 for all three..
They can keep em for that price.. That's what I paid for my H&Ks
I still have my 2.0 Shield 9mm & Son Just bought an EZ & there's a Guy who's Wife wants our Stainless Engraved Bodyguard..
I'm new to this Forum as well = Only been here a month & Love the Forum..
Thanks for Joining & Stopping Bye..
See You Around Mike..
Gary

·
Registered
S&W + H&K
103 Posts
Oh & Mike Stop Yelling at your Knives & Beating those Glocks..
My Benchmade hates it when I yell & cuts me..
HaHaHa!! That's Very Funny
M&P Therapist to the Rescue!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Mike..
I guess you figured out that the M&Ps fit the hand better & point correctly better than Glock..
Been there & done that.. Sold off all my Glocks but the holster box is still full of those holsters..
My Local gun getting place has two M&P40Cs & a 9mm too, Bad part is they want $569 for all three..
They can keep em for that price.. That's what I paid for my H&Ks
I still have my 2.0 Shield 9mm & Son Just bought an EZ & there's a Guy who's Wife wants our Stainless Engraved Bodyguard..
I'm new to this Forum as well = Only been here a month & Love the Forum..
Thanks for Joining & Stopping Bye..
See You Around Mike..
Gary
Hey Gary
Good to hear you were able to divest and liquidate.
My glocks suffered years of abuse in competition and I just dont see anyone paying me anything near what I paid for them. All the Holsters, aftermarket barrels, magazines and related paraphernalia will be kept for the next gen.
$569 is high. From gunbroker to local ffl I paid 470$ out the door for a NIB M&P40c 2.0, and got my sights set on a couple more.
Goodluck

·
Registered
662 Posts
I got rid of my Glocks way before the M&P40c came into existence, but having the M&P40c as my favorite in a long line of M&Ps just solidifies the decision i made so long ago.

Who could ask for more?
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gas Recreation
Light Trigger Air gun Line Gun barrel

12-yard target

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought two a 4" and a 3.6" the 3.6" as I found a 357 Sig conversion barrel for it. They both were $300 each a scant two years or so ago, now same outlet has them for $569 like stated above. They are still worth it. I have a G-29, G-33, and a G-42 that I will keep, but only carry the 33 on a regular basis.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought two a 4" and a 3.6" the 3.6" as I found a 357 Sig conversion barrel for it. They both were $300 each a scant two years or so ago, now same outlet has them for $569 like stated above. They are still worth it. I have a G-29, G-33, and a G-42 that I will keep, but only carry the 33 on a regular basis.
Highly respectable bullet choice. The 357sig is one of those rounds that will break through both rib cages and leave an exit wound through and through. Devastating injury. Living out in the country, I reload and shoot a .40 155gr xtp @ 1200fps from the 3.6in m2.0, in hopes of never having to do such.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Highly respectable bullet choice. The 357sig is one of those rounds that will break through both rib cages and leave an exit wound through and through. Devastating injury. Living out in the country, I reload and shoot a .40 155gr xtp @ 1200fps from the 3.6in m2.0, in hopes of never having to do such.
My Goto 40 Ammo is Underwood 155 Gr XTP's, I don't reload.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I too have a strong love affair going with my 2.0 .40 cal compact. It's nice to have a carry size .40 that handles the recoil so well. I've put an Apex flatty trigger in mine, and I just can't get enough of shooting it. I have the 9mm 2.0 compact, and the five inch .40 cal 2.0 also. The 9mm is just because today's gun market makes me own a 9mm. I hope to trade it for an optic ready version soon. I'm also hoping for threaded barrels from Smith for them too. But that .40 cal compact goes everywhere with me. I recently added some XS F8 Night Sights on it. I generally like 5 inch full size pistols more, but since I carry the compact every day, it really has a special place in my heart for it now. What a pistol !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I too have a strong love affair going with my 2.0 .40 cal compact. It's nice to have a carry size .40 that handles the recoil so well. I've put an Apex flatty trigger in mine, and I just can't get enough of shooting it. I have the 9mm 2.0 compact, and the five inch .40 cal 2.0 also. The 9mm is just because today's gun market makes me own a 9mm. I hope to trade it for an optic ready version soon. I'm also hoping for threaded barrels from Smith for them too. But that .40 cal compact goes everywhere with me. I recently added some XS F8 Night Sights on it. I generally like 5 inch full size pistols more, but since I carry the compact every day, it really has a special place in my heart for it now. What a pistol !
Nice!
Have you tried using a full size mag base plate on your compact mags? The lip on the 15 rounders provide an extra grip lock surface that fits me like a glove!
The optic ready verisons are the future…i picked up a gen 1 core .40 for $350 off gunbroker not too long ago, slapped on a holosun 507c with the primary arms vulcan reticle in green…and shazam.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have shot it with the 15 round mags and the base plates, and it does indeed fit like a glove. But I still just use it with the 13 round mags. I've swapped out the five inch lower, put the compact lower on the 5 inch upper, but still use them in their original configuration. I suspect we may never see a theaded barrel for the .40 cals, as the whole world seems to be 9mm now lol. I had a Gen 1 five inch .40 cal, but had some problems with hollow poits getting caught on the bottom of the barrel's feed ramp. I'd like to revisit the gen 1 .40 cal core model and see if I can get reliabilty out of it. I'd really like to have a pistol with an optic to start practicing with it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have shot it with the 15 round mags and the base plates, and it does indeed fit like a glove. But I still just use it with the 13 round mags. I've swapped out the five inch lower, put the compact lower on the 5 inch upper, but still use them in their original configuration. I suspect we may never see a theaded barrel for the .40 cals, as the whole world seems to be 9mm now lol. I had a Gen 1 five inch .40 cal, but had some problems with hollow poits getting caught on the bottom of the barrel's feed ramp. I'd like to revisit the gen 1 .40 cal core model and see if I can get reliabilty out of it. I'd really like to have a pistol with an optic to start practicing with it.
Why do you use after market parts on the gun (apex trigger) but want a S&W threaded barrel?

You can order a KKM and it will be 3 times the barrel S&W could only dream of making. Apex is another that is way better but I don't think they bother with .40 anymore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im talking about using a 15rd base plate on a 13rd mag with a compact 3.6 frame…i glitched the system and found a lip that rests under the pinky.
As for the problem with the hollow point tips hitting the bottom of the feed ramp, I havent seen or heard anything on it. Other than the early unlocking which made accuracy poor with the gen 1, the system is reliable 50,000+ rounds. I put a gen. m2.0 barrel…which i got for a suprising deal off ebay, into the gen 1 core which was oringinally ported and have had not one single issue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I should have sent my gen 1 in to Smith to look at. I had already exhausted so much money on ammo with it trying to diagnose it, I figured it would cost me a fortune to test it with hollow points enough to be comfortable with it either way. I haven't heard of anyone else complaing of that problem, and assumed it was just mine that needed some kind of tweaking to get it running properly. But I'm happy in the end. I have the 5 inch 2.0, and the 4 inch compacts in 9mm and .40 cal. I haven't tried shooting my pistol with the 15 round base plate as you described.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts