MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M&P45 with the safety. Pictures of a Set on a M&P 9-40 model show it covers the area right where the safety will be. Also from what i've read on here the CTC Laser Grips that fit the 9-40 models ALSO fit the 45 model.

SO you ask so what? Don't by the one with the safety. But I WANT the brown frame. Oh well now I have to wait for a brown one without the safety or get a black one.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but those who want the safety and the laser sorry your out of luck. This is my first post so howdy to you all. Kinda been lurking here since I first held a M&P9 feels real good in the hand. Quality seems were it should be. Trigger feels a little better than a Glock. I haven't shot one yet. BUT when the 45 shows up I will be doing a close examination between it and the Glock 21SF. Well see which one wins.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
You can buy the one with the safety if don't need an ambi safety. Just take the right side off. It does not hold it in. So you could use the laser which is a really great piece of kit and the strong side safety.

CHECK 360 David

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Just to second what Mr Bowie said is true you can just have the right side safety removed or buy a new sear block without the safety and it will just drop in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True!!!!

But why even get the one with the ambi if you cant use the ambi feature. Plus is shoot both right and left handed.

Not complaining just something I noticed. May have to just get the black one.

A friend went to the shot show and held the 45 said it was daylight and dark verses a 21SF come Feb. or march well see.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Not having looked at the weapon in person yet this is just a guess. YOu might be able to trim the right side safety lever like 1911 guys have been doing all along. Again, my own personal opinion, unless you are left handed the weakside safety lever can sometimes be more of a liability than an asset. Just because the military's spec was for ambi safties doens't mean that it is necessarily the right choice for you.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Having said that, David or Dan, can you tell us if the right side safety lever is trimable?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The right side is easily trimed off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Dan I'll keep it in mind.

BUT

After shooting glocks for so many years and never owning a 1911 the safety does kinda seem "redundant".

·
Registered
495 Posts
then buy the non safety version and dye the frame if you want a brown one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's yet another possible option - I was informed at M&P armorer's school that a filler block for the frame cuts required for the thumb safety was likely to be forthcoming for those that decided after the fact to remove the thumb safety.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
The right side is easily trimed off.

Or just slightly trimmed back like a 1911 ambi safety needs to be for Crimson Trace grips. The right side safety stays functional, it's just slightly shorter. I have a Nighthawk 1911 being built right now and I specifically asked for this right off the bat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts