MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my M&P45 today from The Firingline (Westland, Michigan) today. Feels really nice. Where I used the medium on the M&P9 I take a small on the M&P45.

The trigger is heavier with less travel than the M&P9.

I just completed credit carding it and will take it to the range in about 20 minutes.

Now waiting for Blade-Tech to manufacture IWBs for it and single mag carriers.

Anyone interested in a USP45 Tactical??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No photos - just spent $550 (camera money).

The gun is extremely accurate. It shoots consistently to the left a bit, but at 20 yards I was able to shoot 3" groups off hand.

There was two failure to feeds in 150 rounds.

Three round strings at five and seven yards left small knots missing from the target.

The trigger pull is heavy and the engagement point of the sear has the trigger 30% further back (toward the stock) than the M&P9/40. The trigger is a bit rough, but this is easily remedied.

Recoil is sharp (compared to 39 oz 1911) so I went out and grabbed a Glock 21 and compared them. The M&P is strangely "softer" in recoil and noticeably different than my USP45.

She's a keeper.

·
Registered
319 Posts

I sooooo want one...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUICK UPDATE

I'll get some pics soon.

I'll be cleaning up the trigger pull this weekend. I'll measure the pull - it seems to be 7 lbs. (I'll measure with my gauge tomorrow) I think 5 would be more like it. I'll also be replacing the rear tritium sight with a unit from Hilton Yam http://www.10-8performance.com It's really nice in that it does not have any dots on the rear sight, it's serrated and one can cock the pistol on one's belt.

Comparing the .45 to the 9mm and the .45 is much larger in the grip area. However, it's very reasonably sized and especially comfortable - especially compared to the USP45, Glock M21 and M2SF.

One "gripe", of sorts (outside of the seemingly high trigger pull) is that the safety detents are not positive enough compared to my 1911 but with some more usage, including dry firing I'll adjust. Okay, one other: the coatings on the magazine is different from the 9mm - flat black as opposed to the shiny coating. It does not appear to be a particular resilient coating. Time will tell.

Also of note are the mag followers which are black not gray.

In summary, I think this is a nice companion to a 1911; an inexpensive alternative with strong features including great combat accuracy, smooth recoil for a polymer pistol & reasonable size.

·
Registered
106 Posts
One "gripe", of sorts (outside of the seemingly high trigger pull) is that the safety detents are not positive enough compared to my 1911 but with some more usage, including dry firing I'll adjust.

That was the first thing I thought too. And given the fact that they stick out quite far (and on both sides even), I would have liked to have a more "secure" engagement. Oh, and I also didnt like that they (the safeties) were plastic.

And you are right, too, about the trigger pull. Heavier and shorter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote name='"Kramer"][quote]Oh' date=' and I also didn't like that they (the safeties) were plastic.[/quote']

Actually, it's stainless steel with overmolded polymer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts