MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what holsters are good to conceal the m&p45.looking for something leather if possible.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i dont have much on the leather suggestions...

but i conceal my MP-45 extremely well with both the comp-tac "pro undercover", and the M-TAC "slide" for the m&p. the m-tac is half leather, half kydex... if that helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you are willing to use a hybrid holster the Comp-Tac M-Tac holster is awesome.

The M-TAC has the leather back and the kydex shell.

I have three kydex shells and two of the leather backs. I can carry all of my M&P's and Glocks in them. I'm actually concealing a Glock 21SF right now in one. I have no problem concealing the M&P 45 either.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Blackhawk makes an M&P45 holster but its been recalled. I have noticed that my Galco Fletch for the SIG 226 fits well too and looks good too

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have Mr Andrews make most of my stuff. http://www.andrewsleather.com/

M&P no problem. The McDaniel is superb IWB. I also use the Monarch rig for both my M&P's and my 1911's.

I also have a S&W holster made by Galco from the S&W site thats conceals high and tite. Now I'm lookin for a ankle holster for my

J frame S&W.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I had my M&P 40 I ordered a Don Hume H721 OT. My M&P 45 fits it just fine. It's a great leather holster for the price, real comfy too.

·
Registered
341 Posts
emtp2rn said:

Don't mean to threadjack but the Comp-tac website has the options for the M-TAC listed as;

.45 (no thumb safety)

9mm/40/357

9mm/40/45 slide (no thumb safety)

I was thinking about getting the slide version so I can use it with my 40 or 45 and from the pics I've seen I don't know why it couldn't be used with a 45 w/ thumb safety.

Anyone know if the M-TAC Slide verion wound actually work with the .45 w/ thumb safety??

·
Registered
910 Posts
greatzippy said:
[quote name='emtp2rn']

Don't mean to threadjack but the Comp-tac website has the options for the M-TAC listed as;

.45 (no thumb safety)

9mm/40/357

9mm/40/45 slide (no thumb safety)

I was thinking about getting the slide version so I can use it with my 40 or 45 and from the pics I've seen I don't know why it couldn't be used with a 45 w/ thumb safety.

Anyone know if the M-TAC Slide verion wound actually work with the .45 w/ thumb safety??[/quote]

The following pic is of my 45 without safety fully seated in an MTAC:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/JoshSC/021-2.jpg

I don't see where there'd be any issue with having a safety? It might push the gun out away from the leather a tiny bit, but not enough to actually matter.

·
Registered
341 Posts
josh said:
The following pic is of my 45 without safety fully seated in an MTAC:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/JoshSC/021-2.jpg

I don't see where there'd be any issue with having a safety? It might push the gun out away from the leather a tiny bit, but not enough to actually matter.

I think I may just order it and find out .... I just can't see a reason it won't work. If it doesn't for some reason it'll still hold the 40 so it won't be a total loss.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
The concern would be the safety disengaging. There was a problem with the MTAC and one particular pistol. At the moment I can't recall which pistol.

ETA: I think it was the 1911.

·
Registered
147 Posts
What about a Don Hume IWB Clip holster? Any experience with these?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Josh,

Your 45 slide was refinished by Dan, yes? How is the finish holding up to the kydex of the M-Tac?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I seen reports from MTAC users that the leather causes more wear than the kydex.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts