MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on purchasing another M&P soon, to take advantage of S&W's mag and rebate offer. I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to get the 45, or the 9c. If I get the 45, it will mainly be a range toy, and possibly for HD. If I get the 9c, I may use it as my daily carry, and/or, BUG for on duty. I'm sure I'll eventually get both, but I can only afford one or the other before the rebate offer expires.

So what do you guys think? Help sway me in one direction or the other.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i like the .45 much better... but that's only my opinion.

i use it at the range, i use it for my carry gun, i'd use it for HD if i needed to...

i see the .45 as a good all around gun.

the 9c is as well... but loses a couple points on the range gun aspect.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Which do you want more? A range gun or carry gun? Are you happy with your current carry gun?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
What do you own now? If you own an M&P9 now I'd say get the compact version first. Especially if you're planning on carrying it. I'm in the same boat and I decided that I'm getting a compact next.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought the M&P45 first. I liked it so much I bought the 9C two weeks later!

If I could only afford one it would be the 45! Then I'd use that to rob the gun store of a 9C!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got an M&P 40. But first I got a 9MM Compact. I really like it. Carry it IWB and don't even know it's there. Great little gun.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm a devoted .45 person. I've had the rest thru the years but always come back. It may be a hundred years old but on bad guys it serves my purpose the best. 8)

·
Registered
184 Posts
For me the grips on the Compact models are just too short. Function and reliability are great but the grip size for fit, comfort while shooting, and meaningful practice with the pistol is just inadequate. I went with the full sized 9mm and 45.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's strange but for me, the M&P 40 feels more like a compact gun than a full-sized one. Maybe it's because I first owned an M&P 45 and am comparing the smaller models to it? Either way I carry the 40 because it's just the right size. I think the true compacts are just too small for me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
TomN said:
It's strange but for me, the M&P 40 feels more like a compact gun than a full-sized one. Maybe it's because I first owned an M&P 45 and am comparing the smaller models to it? Either way I carry the 40 because it's just the right size. I think the true compacts are just too small for me.

Isn't the grip the same on the .40 & .45?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have two 9mm full size now. I think I'll go ahead and get the 9c next, and the 45 after that. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get the 45 before the promo ends.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts