MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ghad my M&P45 out several times, and I am impressed. For a striker fired pistol, the trigger pull is not bad at all, although it will get the trrigger job that someone posted here. It is very accurate, I have yet to shoot paper, but cans and bottles at 25 yards die with authority. I am very happy with the trijicon night sights that came with it, I have shot it in low light and in the dark, they work well.

I have a friend that is a die hark HK USP45 owner, he loved it, we shot them side by side, and both shot each others pistol, they are about equal accuracy wise, and the M&P has noticably less recoil. My only gripe is that the black melonite finish on the slide looks like a$$. Every time you touch it, it changes the color of the coating, it was not perfect by any means from the factory, but looked decent after I applied a light coating of oil to the outside. I am going to duracoat it matte black. Otherwise, this pistol is awesome, very comfortable for a full size polymer framed 45.

I shot 300 rounds out of it so far, and 200 of which were all at one time, I have had no malfunctions thus far. Although unnessesary, the safety is kinda nice, the loaded chamber indicator is a joke, some engineer wanted to be funny when they put the hole in the top of the locking block.

This has to be the best looking/feeling poly frame pistol currently on the market. I think that the hk45 when it comes out will be impressive as well, but it costs way too damn much, the only thing I like better about that is that it has a hammer, maybe i am a traditionalist when I say this, but I like having a hammer on my pistol, the first shot can be easy, along with all the other shots following, I will allways shoot better with my beretta 92 than I will with any striker fired pistol because of the SA/DA trigger it has.

Overall, this pistol is a hit, I recommend it to anyone in the market for a 45. Impressive accuracy, great ergonomics, and really light recoil for a 45 pistol its size.

·
Registered
108 Posts
stormdog said:
It is very accurate, I have yet to shoot paper....

Hmmm.

I will allways shoot better with my beretta 92 than I will with any striker fired pistol because of the SA/DA trigger it has.

You may well shoot the Beretta 92 better than you do the M&P, but it does not necessarily follow that it's because of the SA/DA trigger.

Overall, this pistol is a hit, I recommend it to anyone in the market for a 45.

No argument about that.

Cheers,

Whisper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts