MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a m&p 9, and it will be my home defense gun. I'm just a little scared about the mag catch prob. is this with the fullsize guns or just the compacts? I can't seem to get it out of my head, needing the gun someday and not fully trusting the mag catch. I'm sure it's not that big a deal, but there are just so many people gripping about it. What do I do?

·
Registered
52 Posts
What mag catch problem are you talking about?

I don't have one on the 40. I use mine for home defense. I like the gun a lot.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I believe he is talking about the self ejecting magazine issue. I commonly refer to the magazine eject button as a “mag catch”

There have been a bunch of faulty ones that result in the above mentioned self ejection of magazines during firing.

I’ve got a ton of rounds through mine with no issues but I can see how it could easily be a problem.

Not much beats a Remington 870 with a light on it for home defense btw

Like with all products, some work better than others. Mine has been flawless so far but I go the extra mile to understand possible issues and how I might be able to avoid them.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Just about all the problems that have been reported here, on this website, have been with the M&P40. I believe I've only seen one person say this was happening with their M&P9.

In addition the problems have been seen less and less recently so I assume the new #2 magazine disconnects that S&W is using now have solved the problem.

Go ahead and get your M&P9 and enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts