MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
M&P9 ProSeries CORE w/Vortex Viper - on target at 60ft

I’m a newbie shooter and was surprised at how well I shot once I installed the Vortex Viper. It was super-easy to sight-in using the Iron sights, which I knew were right on. My trigger pull could use some work (thus the strays)

·
Site Staff
9,583 Posts
I've got the Vortex on my Pro Series also, it sure makes a difference for my old man's eyes. I like the look of that comp on there, looks good!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
9 mm ammo - started at 60 ft but moved to 75 ft. My M&P9 is fully capable at that distance, so it comes down to my fundamentals and incl. proper trigger pull techniques - still working on that one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
9 mm ammo - started at 60 ft but moved to 75 ft. My M&P9 is fully capable at that distance, so it comes down to my fundamentals and incl. proper trigger pull techniques - still working on that one...

I think he is asking specifically what ammo are you using.
Example;
115gr federal red box,
124gr winchester white box, 147gr reloads using xyz components.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Red dots absolutely make a difference, especially as we age. Heck, optical sights period make a huge difference on anything for us older shooters.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Any suggestions on reasonable price for the Apex FFFS plus install on my full size M&P9?

I bought my last kit from a member right in here. Keep an eye on the classifieds in here. Other than that, ebay would be a place to get one.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Apex FFFS makes a world of difference, I almost got rid of my PC 9L until I had that kit put in
2/12 pound trigger pull zero take up short reset, super fast, I use it for steel challenge (shield mini sight 8MOA) on mine

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Same here as kmanick in my PC-9L. Apex FFFS World of difference is true!
I also put the Apex gunsmith barrel in as well. HUGE accuracy improvement.
The Apex gunsmith barrel has better barrel dwell timing than the OEM barrel.

Both Apex products made my PC-9L a tack driver.
Only additional thing i would recommend, is Apex`s RAM. You`ll feel the trigger reset better.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Install will cost you $75-$100 if you can find a local gunsmith. Do-able yourself, but not as easy as Randy of Apex makes it look in their videos.
No doubt! Not a job one should try if they dont have much experience. Never a better time to learn how to do it though!
Seen many a paid wannabee gunsmiths out there though. Probably better off learning how to do the job yourself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts