MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the gun 1 month and have put 1200 rounds through it without a single problem, shooting WWB. It was dead accurate out of the box, and while i thought i might want to have the trigger tweaked, i've decided to leave it as it is. I don't know if i've gotten used to it, or it took 1200 rounds to break it in, but the trigger is nearly as good as my "stock" Mil-Spec SA1911. (Neither are anywhere near as nice as the trigger on my Old Army... ).

In the 1st 500 rounds i noticed that every now and then spent brass would fly back toward my face... (after 1st trip to the range i found 3 casings in my shirt pocket!) But after a good cleaning and another few hundred rounds the cases are not a problem... they seem to head up and right and land in pretty much the same spot...

Started out with the "large" palm swell... but now have settled in on the small... probably because the feel of the small is closer to the 1911.

All in all, the M&P9 is one of my better purchases.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I get good groups, slow fire off the bench and offhand with my 9mm but, when "speed shooting", I'm having a lot of problems. I had hope to replace my 1911 for shooting at our local steel plate shoots with the 9mm but the jury is still out. I think it's just a matter of getting used to the trigger. I wonder, if I get used to the M&P trigger (I did the trigger job posted by Dan and it helped quite a bit) if I'll be able to switch back to the 1911 with no problem.

rjs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts