MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First - hello to all, and thanks for all the info which led to my purchase of this gun.

I have never owned a 9mm before. Most of my guns are J-frames, plus a couple of Kel-Tecs. But I like what I saw of this M&P 9mm and so bought one last week.

Here is its first target. I used Winchester USA 147gr FMJ, at a distance of about 30' in an indoor range, with 3" stickies. I think it did pretty well!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The recoil is less than shooting .357s but more than 38 specials out of my S&W 60LS. The good grip on the gun helps absorb a lot of the recoil. I have a Kel-Tec 3AT, and I think the recoil on that is worse than this 9mm. I also shot the M&P 40 before I bought the 9 and thought the recoil on the 40 was a little more stout, although not unmanageable by any means.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! That's 30 feet 8) I expect those groups to tighten up as the gun breaks in and I get used to it. I've also picked up some MagTech and Remington ammo to try out next week. This ought to be fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.