MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from range shooting 100 rounds thru wifes 9c.most rounds near center in one big hole.i love this gun but.........almost evry round fired the mag droped free and ftf next round.Right now s&w has my full size 40 for same problem thought the 40 didnt drop every round like the 9c did today.calling s&w monday for label to send back.i have read threads about slide lock and ftf but that has never happend to this 9c just the mag drop.shoot strong hand only with thumb up to make sure and same results.it wasnt me.whats going on with this mag drop crap its getting old.anyone else have this problem with the 9c and did s$w fix it?my (i mean my wifes :wink: )9c has close to 1000 rounds thru it with serial #MPLXXXX.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at range today wifes 9c still dropping mags and had a ftf with last round still in clip it locked open(first time it did this)sending back to S&W as soon as they send label.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Had the same problem. I think it was my grip. I removed some material from the mag release button so it doesn't extend out so far(it was far to large anyway) and switched to left hand release.

I haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i put 1000k+ thru this gun trouble free.with in 50 rounds of the mags dropping the slide started locking open and ftf last round in clip, a problem i hear a lot of on this site. at time of original post the slide had never locked and ftf. i waited a week and went back to range. same results, while making sure it was not my grip, again 1000k+trouble free and i havent changed a thing with my grip. i now have label and she goes to S&W today. i just got my full size 40 back for mag drop and it seems to be repaired. will feel better after 1000k trouble free with it

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your right lmao not 1000k but 1k thats what i get for playing online poker and typing on here at same time

·
Registered
638 Posts
A stiffer mag release would help if not prevent the mags dropping free while firing or worst case scenario, your frame is out of spec which would cause a loose/weak mag catch. It's also possible your mag catch is defective or worn. I believe this is something else that the factory has to look at. In my gun as in others from what I hear, the slightest engagement of the mag release button causes the mag to drop free. This should not happen. Those who own other polymer guns such as the Glock and the XD know that the mag release on those guns is far stiffer. Whether it is the mag catch (keep in mind the spring can't be changed - it's part of the frame), or an out of spec frame I am not sure but it needs to be addressed. This problem is not limited to live fire but when holstering the gun as well particularly for LH shooters (who like a RH mag release button) since the mag release button faces out. Accidently bump into something the wrong way and the mag could fall.

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4263

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
S&W got my gun at 9 this morning,i ask them to send back detailed letter as to what they found.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wooooo hooooo my 9c came home today, cant wait untill this weekend. I asked for a detailed letter about what they found, letter said replaced mag catch and replaced slide stop. I dont care if they used superglue and bubble gum as long as its fixed :wink:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
tigs40cal said:
wooooo hooooo my 9c came home today, cant wait untill this weekend. I asked for a detailed letter about what they found, letter said replaced mag catch and replaced slide stop. I dont care if they used superglue and bubble gum as long as its fixed :wink:

Sounds good, report back after you get some rounds through it. Please

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got 300 flawless rounds thru my ,i mean my wifes 9c after return from s&w. shooting better than ever

1 - 13 of 13 Posts