MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had a chance to take some snapshots of my latest acquisition, specifically a Smith & Wesson M&P9c:

Here are some shots of the logos on the slide and frame:

Finally, here are a couple photos showing the M&P9c with an M&P9:

I need to also state here that these just came back from Burwell Gunsmithing to have Standard Trigger Jobs done. I sent in two M&P9s and the M&P9c for this work. The trigger has been my only complaint about the M&P, mainly because its reset is not crisp and distinct enough for my tastes. Its reset is also somewhat long, but I could have lived with that. Now, thanks to Dan, their triggers are lighter and smoother, and have a short, crisp, and distinct reset. In fact, their triggers now feel very much like a well broken-in Walther P99 AS trigger. I will be shooting the M&P9c for the first time this coming Tuesday evening. If you have an M&P and are not happy with its trigger, consider Dan Burwell's Standard Trigger Job. At $50 per pistol, it was a bargain. See: http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Awesome photos as always 8)

Man, those pistols have had a busy week across the country and back then a photo shoot as soon as they get home. Now deserve some R&RT (rest and range time)

I was going to ask who you paid to get semi-matching serial numbers I noticed that when I checked them in and thought that was pretty cool.

ps. Thanks for the plug!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan,

The matching last four digits of the serial numbers (M&P9 and M&P9c) is purely coincidence. A nice coincidence, though. Many thanks for your handiwork. I am very much looking forward to giving them some R&RT.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Absolutely incredible pictures Lunde!! I wish that I had equipment like yours. BUT, all that nice equipment, would be useless without also having your talent! Great stuff.

Ron

·
Registered
471 Posts
It was my pleasure lunde!! I don't know if any of you have had the pleasure of working with lunde before, but he is a real nice guy!! He PM'd me a few days back asking me if he could possibly borrow one of my mags. I was a bit apprehensive at first. All I knew about him was that he took great pictures. But I have to say it has been a very nice experience. I have learned a few things from him and I think that I am going to have to try one of those trigger jobs after hearing him speak so favorably of it. I just need to save a bit of $$ first. What an awesome collection of guns he has!!

Ron

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Very nice...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Even factory executives or employees can not request specific serial numbers. They have to wait for the sequence to reach the number and then ask someone to please set it aside. This is done as a courtesy, and if a contract requires consecutive numbers the employee is SOL. And from what I understand, any but occasional use of this courtesy is highly frowned upon as you can imagine the disruption.

Some large contracts can ask for specific serial numbers or formats, but it is a special case and only for fairly large volumes.

On occasion the factory will create a special serial number for a specific purpose, or reserve a number for a particular use, but this is fairly rare.

The reason for all this is the strict security that the serial numbers have to be given. Once a frame as a number, it is very very carefully tracked. In fact, the assembly areas are enclosed in a cage and you need to go through security to get in and out. No visitors are allowed, just employees. I guess the ATF set some policies in place a few years ago that require very strict accountability for serial numbered parts.

In any case, the fact that you got similar numbers is an amazing stroke of luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts