MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering both these pistols as a CCW and range gun. I've shot the M&Pc and enjoyed it to pieces but not the H&K P2000SK. The H&K looks a little more "slide-heavy" than the M&Pc, but I don't know if it shoots that way. Can anyone compare these two guns for me? Thanks!

Kent

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I used to carry a P2000 until I went with a M&Pc. The P2000 is a great gun and the higher bore axis is a non-issue IMO. They are very durable and reliable. The tapered slide makes it easy to conceal. The finish rivals Glock's Tennifer. You can get it in DA/SA or LEM. Mine was DA/SA, as LEM is definitely not for me. As stated, mine was a P2000, not the SK version, but the only difference is a shorter grip and slide. I have shot a friends SK and I thought it handled very similarly to the P2000. The HK comes interchangeable backstraps but the M&P's backstraps wrap around a bit more which is nice. I personally prefer the M&P trigger. Some really don't like the HK's mag release, but I do. Its the reason why I switched the mag release on my M&Ps to the right side. Those are my random thoughts.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have a dislike of HK's high bore axis, DA/SA trigger, and mag release. I see no indication they have a lot of interest or concern in the civilian market either which is manifested by poor customer support. Then again their support to the military was really bad in the 80's so maybe they just have poor support all the way around. LEM is OK but I think Sig did it better with their DAK trigger. Others disagree. I don't have as much experience with current HK models as Chooch but I really don't think their finish is a peer to Tennifer. From what I have seen it does not wear nearly as well. On the other hand the compact model M&P's are too small for my monkey-like hands. YMMV.

I came across these posts on the 10-8 forums about HK recently. Mirrors my feelings on their products and the company.

http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/showf...mp;page=2#55900

http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/showf...mp;page=2#46869

·
Registered
475 Posts
I had a P2000sk before my M&P 9c, and I sold it so I could get the M&P. Never looked back.

I liked the design of the P2000sk, however, it didn't shoot well for me. It was either me, or the gun. But either way, we weren't compatible, and that's never good.

Everyone has different ideas of what is good and what is bad. Everyone shoots differently.

I just found the M&P accomodated me better. Its more comfortable to shoot AND to carry. And that is important to me.

I don't hate HKs, I just think the P2000sk wasn't the right gun for me. Good luck in your decision.

I say get the M&P, and not just because we're on an M&P message board, but because I personally do think it is the superior firearm.

But what do I know? I've only owned both of them.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Steelshooter said:
I see no indication they have a lot of interest or concern in the civilian market either which is manifested by poor customer support. Then again their support to the military was really bad in the 80's so maybe they just have poor support all the way around.
My experience with HK's customer service was stellar - better than S&W actually.

I really don't think their finish is a peer to Tennifer. From what I have seen it does not wear nearly as well.
I guess I should restate that more carefully. HK's HE finish is as good as you'll ever need. Tennifer does set the standard, but the HE finish is a close second. I'm not talking about holster wear here either. I'm talking about how much abuse it can take and the chances of it rusting.

The HK45 is available.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Slick26 said:
[quote name='choochboost']The HK45 is available.
Yeah, but how many limbs are you willing to give up?
[/quote]

Put an M&P trigger in it and we'll talk. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts