MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
No. And its doubtful they ever would.

If they were smart, and came out with anything other than what they already have, it would be a 10mm. A 45GAP compact just doesn't make sense for their lineup.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I would be very surprised of they did. There's really no reason to. They have already done well with the small backstrap.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The only reason the 45 GAP has lasted this long is because Gaston flat refuses to adjust the design of the Glock grip to fit the shape of the human hand. I'm pretty sure his fall back plan is to hire geneticists to create a mutant human with a rectangular grip. Homolumberyardus - evolved from apes that climbed trees grown from 2x4s. The M&P45 has a grip designed for normal humans making the 45GAP unnecessary.

·
Registered
308 Posts
sholling said:
The only reason the 45 GAP has lasted this long is because Gaston flat refuses to adjust the design of the Glock grip to fit the shape of the human hand. I'm pretty sure his fall back plan is to hire geneticists to create a mutant human with a rectangular grip. Homolumberyardus - evolved from apes that climbed trees grown from 2x4s. The M&P45 has a grip designed for normal humans making the 45GAP unnecessary.

Now that's just funny, right there!

·
Registered
475 Posts
sholling said:

ROFL. Oh man, you crack me up.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Slick26 said:
If they were smart, and came out with anything other than what they already have, it would be a 10mm. A 45GAP compact just doesn't make sense for their lineup.

There are three large state police agencies issuing pistols in .45 GAP; there are none issuing 10mm.

I doubt Smith will develop in either caliber. The 10mm crowd, while boisterous, is tiny. The .45 GAP, as chooch and sholling pointed out perfectly, no longer serves a purpose because so many guns are available in real .45 with high capacity, small grip circumference, and short trigger reach.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
45 GAP is a dead round as it should be. The XD .45 was the first nail in the coffin. My guess is the 21FS is a direct reaction to the success of the XD .45.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I think the .45 GAP will go the way of the Sony Betamax. I am also curious how the new

Ruger SP101 in .327 Federal will be received. It was demo'ed on TV...I think Guns and Ammo...a couple of weeks ago. I'll stick with my M&P9c..........

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FA-Type-RE.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts