MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently own a M&P 9c, looking for a rail light.

popular choices (for full size pistols) are the tlr-1 etc. due to my limited rail-estate (see what i did there) on the compact, I've been eyeing the Viridian CTL for about $100

curious what others are doing for compact firearm, rail mounted light. pictures of a 9mm or .40 with a TLR-x and whatever else is out there would be greatly helpful as I determine what to purchase.

i would also purchase the galco king-tuk holster formed for the M&P setup with the Viridian light.

thoughts, suggestions & recommendations are welcome. pictures of your suggestions are KING.

·
Registered
410 Posts
due to my limited rail-estate (see what i did there)
Ya I see what you did there....:no... great first post though and welcome to the forum!!!!

Have we gone shooting together before? the M&P9 compact seems familiar to me...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have tried several lights on my 9c. The only one I've stuck with is the Streamlight TLR-3.

Its not ideal, it has no "flash" ability, and its powered by the little C2 cells which are expensive and not very long lasting. But in the latest iteration (denoted by the sliver band around the front cover, 120 lumens instead of the earlier 90)it is bright and seems to be well made and its switch gives you the opinion that it will continue to operate for a good long time. The TLR-3 and its laser equipped partner the TLR-4 (same size except for the laser pod on the bottom) seem to me to be the only viable choices for the compact framed guns. I have a TLR-1 HL which is just short of being an airplane landing light in brightness, but it will not fit on the abbreviated rail, and would stick out the front far enough to upset the balance of the gun if it would.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I chose the Viridian light/laser combo with holster. It’s a good option for putting everything you need in one package, and has great features. I was finding as I was doing low light exercises it was becoming more difficult to pick up the tritium sights on my 3” 1911. So, I started working out with a 9c and with the Viridian. It’s a good balance of features for that size of a package.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. Glad to be here. I ended up choosing a TLR-3 (110 lumen) which is the newest model I guess. While the viridian had me excited with the auto on upon draw, I couldn't help but base my decision on purchasing the streamlight with products I already own from them.

Now the daunting task of finding an IWB for the tlr3 and 9c begins. I guess I could have a custom kydex made...

In this scenario, the viridian light and holster combo should have sold me. Too late tlr3 already on its way to me.

Pics will follow. Thanks for all ur input guys.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nice purchase. I don't have any of their rail mounted lights however all my flashlights are streamlights. Good stuff IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts