MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been shooting my M&P in IDPA and USPSA Production for a little over a year at local matches here in Florida. I'm pretty sure I was one of the first ones to campaign the new M&P locally. I reciently noticed an overwelming number of M&Ps showing up now in all Classes. Experienced shooters in GM-B Class have made the switch from Glock in addition to the many new unclassified - C shooters that have been showing up with the M&P. I would say the field is probably 30% M&P, 40% Glock, 20% XD and 10% "other". I'm sure when the 5" comes out I'll be seeing even more M&Ps. To top it off, I would guess 4 or 5 of the top 10 shooters (shooters that tend to be in the top 10 overall Production every week) are shooting the M&P. One guy in particular who is a GM and sponsored my Smith just dominates production with his M&P and seems to get #1 every week. No big news or anything just an observation. How is it in your area?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since Production Division is scored minor no matter what caliber, most are 9mm but a few guys (no M&Ps that I know of) are shooting downloaded 40SW mainly because they can upload it to major power factor and shoot Limited as well. I haven't seen any M&P 45s yet...I'm guessing it would do best in Limited 10.

·
Registered
140 Posts
At one of my local IDPA matches (meets once a month), I saw the M&P total jump from zero (I used my 1911 my first time there) to four the following month. Small group of shooters, so the jump was significant. I believe they were all .40 - maybe one 9mm.

·
Registered
365 Posts
In our small group of IDPA shooters three of us are now shooting M&P's. Two 9MM and one .45. In IPSC two of us compete in Production with the M&P in 9MM.

Take care

Bob

·
Registered
225 Posts
In both local matches and Area 3 the M&P is becoming more prevalent. In shooting the M&P9 in Nationals and Area 3 this year I've had several fellow competitors inquire about it as well as seeing them in holsters at both matches. I think once people discover how good this gun feels in hand we will see more and more of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts