MP-Pistol Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On sunday I took my M&P 9C and my wifes fullsize M&P 9mm to the range. While I was shooting a guy showed up with all the black tactical leg holster and such and his trusty Glock 23. It has been many years since I shot a Glock so I asked him if he would like to switch and test drive my M&Ps. First we fired our own guns at about 15yards. His group was all over the paper. I was using about a 6 inch target and all of my rounds were in the black. When we switched, the first thing I noticed was the grip of the Glock was HUGE. It was fat and square. Whe I was shooting my M&P I was using a one inch sticker above my target as a headshot target. I was able to hit it most of the time and my missed were very close. My shots were all over with the Glock. The guy shooting my M&P put all his shots in the black. I could tell he was very impressed but at the same time disapointed in his Glock. I think he thought his Glock would be much better and found out otherwise. I love my M&Ps. I put about 40 Magtech 115gr JHP+p, 50 MCC 115gr XTP, and 100 WWB through the two guns they they were both boringly accurate and reliable.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Right on, I still like Glocks, But the M&P feels so nice in the hand! Always nice to show someone up whent hey have there doubts!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Makes me happy i decided to go w/ the M&P over the glock 19. I've yet to have any problems whatsoever, now if i can just get more practice.... Damn, ammo is expensive

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Indeed brother. I am working on getting some re loading equipment to try and save some money! Hope it happens..........

Damn, ammo is expensive
[/quote]

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still think the Glock is a fine weapon. The M&P is to me what the next generation Glock SHOULD be. The square slide and bulky squarish grip of the Glocks are in serious need of an update. I seems that Glock doesn't want to change anything or they would be conceding that "Glock Perfection" isn't quite perfect. I was really ticked off at S&W when they apparantly copied the Glocks and created the Sigmas, which I have always thought were inferior to the Glocks, but the M&Ps are a whole new animal. Better in everyway I can think of than the original.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I agree with you Jon, Glock is really going to have to come up with something extraordinary if they ever redesign their lineup. The M&P seems to me to be about as close to a perfect compromise for a mass produced weapon that works well for people across the board. It's really comfortable, accurate, holds lots of ammo, recoils softly, looks good and is relatively inexpensive, did i forget anything?? Oh yeah, its a S&W. What could Glock possibly come up with that would be better????

Good shooting everybody.

Jake

·
Registered
53 Posts
jon_in_wv said:
I could tell he was very impressed but at the same time disapointed in his Glock. I think he thought his Glock would be much better and found out otherwise. I love my M&Ps. I put about 40 Magtech 115gr JHP+p, 50 MCC 115gr XTP, and 100 WWB through the two guns they they were both boringly accurate and reliable.

I have run into this several times recently with Glock guys. When they shoot the M&P you can see that sick look on their face, the kind you get when you realize what you always thought to be the greatest thing since the wheel, ain't. My brother, a LEO and die hard Glock guy, even admits the M&P is a better piece of hardware and as soon as money is a little better for him he will get one in .357 sig.

·
Registered
9 Posts
chefdog said:
Makes me happy i decided to go w/ the M&P over the glock 19. I've yet to have any problems whatsoever, now if i can just get more practice.... Damn, ammo is expensive

chefdog....if you live in the Metro DC area you might find the below organization a good place to purchase 9mm. It has the cheapest ammo for me. I buy 1000 rds at a time and split them w/ my old street partner. If you live too far away the shipping will negate your savings. In that case you might look at AMMOMAN. Try: http://www.natchezss.com/ - 'ole joe 8)

·
Registered
763 Posts
joe,

NatchezSS is a good place, I'm still working on some CCI blazer i got from them a few weeks ago, shipping wasn't bad, about $13 for 500rds. I've been to ammoman's website, seems to have good prices with shipping included
Have you used ammoman? I ask b/c i saw a post someone wrote about some sketchy business with ammoman, i don't remember the exact problem, but it was enough to worry me. The-armory.com looks to be promising as well, some good deals, but i don't know about shipping. My problem is that you need to get a 1000 round case to make it worthwhile after the shipping cost, and even though it'll save in the long run, its a lot harder to drop $160-170 at a time instead of $70. Why can't bullets grow on trees?????????

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah...what he said

·
Registered
9 Posts
chefdog said:
joe,

NatchezSS is a good place...I've been to ammoman's website, seems to have good prices with shipping included. Have you used ammoman....Why can't bullets grow on trees?????????
chefdog..I have done business w/ AMMOMAN. I wanted Federal 180gr EFMJs for my G23 and they were the cheapest around including shipping. My experience though limited was very positive. The ammo was here in like two days. I always check their prices against Natchez before I order. In .45 in 1000 rd case lots they were cheaper than Natchez. However, they can't beat Natchez on 9mm for folks in our area if it is on sale. The folks in Ohio west find AMMOMAN much cheaper because distance is of no matter when shipping is included.

chefdog - I have sent you a PM. - ' ole joe 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is this some bad joke? I would take a glock (I hate the way they look and hate the tigger) over a M&P any day of the week.

Just look at the forums, they are FILLED with problems. Glock forums u have to go pages and pages to find a single problem.

I admit I do not own a M&P but I shot one last weekend. My friend bought one, a full size 9 and it jammed so many times it wasnt funny. Failure to ejects as well.

I will say this, it feels better than a glock, looks better than a glock, trigger is better than a glock (dont like the grinding right before the break though), I can even shoot it more accurate than a glock due to the better trigger but I wouldnt carry one of these if somone gave it to me until all these problems are resolved.

I would be scared to pull the darn gun, is the mag going to drop on me? Is it going to jam? Failure to extract? Is the frame cracked?

Dont think I am hating on your guns, like I said, they have huge potential but lets be realistic, most peoples number one priority for guns is reliablity and M&P doesnt have that right now. Maybe one day, but not now.

I dont care if you have 100000 rounds with out a failure either. The only gun forums I see with more problems than the M&P is the Kel-tec PF9 which I have. I can tell you as of right now, its a POS. THey might get it right and it might one day be a fine gun but I wont carry it until the problems are gone.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Half the "problem" posts made here are made by trolls.

And of course at Glock forums you have to go pages to find a problem. A) Because Glock owners are too busy posting threads telling themselves how awesome their guns are, and B) Glock owners can't admit that they might have a problem with their gun, and of course C) God himself made them and they are perfect.

Everyone knows damn well that if we were 20 years down the road there would be about as many problems with the M&P's as there are problems with Glocks if not less. Just like we all know that if there was a Glock internet message board 20 years ago there would be an equal amount of people complaining about defects in their beloved Glocks just as there are about M&P's.

Glock owners are to the gun world what Supra owners are to the car world.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Do not turn this into a pissing contest.

Parks71 - I'm not sure what your intentions are but if you continue down this path you won't last long.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My intentions were to state the facts of my limited use of a M&P and my honest opinion of the comparison like the poster asked.

While I am sure some M&P owners do not like what I have to say, it is the truth. I did give M&P its due credit where it belongs. I am not a troll or I would have bashed M&P and everything about it but I said its superior to glock in every form BUT reliablity which IMO is the MOST important to me.

I liked the M&P a lot other than the reasons I stated. I hope to own one in the future, when I dont see the boards filled with problems.

I also own a M&P AR-15T. Its a fine rifle.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
parks71 said:
...when I dont see the boards filled with problems.
This is why I don't like it when we have the multiple threads going on about the same mag drop problem with members cutting and pasting the same post in each thread. It makes the problem appear bigger than it is and takes over the forum. That's why Jester made the mag drop sticky thread. Now if we could just condense or eliminate the free mags and free bags threads. :wink:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, 4 M&Ps, 15,000+ rounds, and NOT ONE PROBLEM! The "issues" presented are overblown and in the minority. The M&P is steadily gaining in market share for a reason. One "problem" with one gun that you don't maintain and have limited experience with does not make a platform a "POS". I can appreciate and respect your right to have an opinion, but I think it is important to respect the fact that people are going to take offense to such a strong opinion from a non-owner.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.