MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at picking up both, and my soon-to-be father-in-law is wanting to pick up an M1 Carbine (he was issued both an M1 and M16 during Vietnam; not at the same time, but on different tours). Anyone know where I can get a decent price? I can get one locally for $750 (before tax), and I see a lot of them on GunBroker... but supply and demand does not warrant the pricing I have seen so far... if there is 30+ M1s on GunBroker all for $600-$800 and NONE of them are selling... I *think* you should lower the price... just basic economics. Anyways... thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff 9mm M&P said:

Thanks, I had lost that link... and the major issue with that is that the only NON High School gun club and/or ROTC group that I can join requires over a month waiting period for membership, + weekly meetings which I can not possibly meet due to my schedule. So i'm SOL there...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does your father in law want a Garand or carbine? Auto Ordnance makes a new M1 carbine for around $599.

Garands on the other hand will be more expensive. As you've prolly seen.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UrbanTiger74 said:
Does your father in law want a Garand or carbine? Auto Ordnance makes a new M1 carbine for around $599.

Garands on the other hand will be more expensive. As you've prolly seen.

Carbine, but he wants the real deal... more or less. I'm pretty sure he will take what he can get, but he is a lot like me, and will end up spend more just to have an original.

I'll have to wait and see... I found a good looking one for $630, and if I used my C&R, cheaper... but I keep forgetting to send out my C&R to the people that have M1s, LOL

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ahh..ok. He wants an carbine with some history. I hear ya. Yeah they run pretty high these days. I got myself a post war carbine by Plainfield and the reissued Garand from Springfield Armory.

I too didn't have the time or patience to join the CMP.

Here are my two classic rifles...

The carbine recently went to my smith and he gave it a park bath. Three of them to be exact. He wanted to make sure the finish was good and deep. He also polished the bolt. She is a sweet looking carbine now. Especially when compared to when it was bought.

The Garand is original G.I. issue parts, EXCEPT the barrel, receiver and wood furniture. Those are all new. All metal parts has a new parkerized finish. She's a beaut too. Both are just a joy to hold.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, they are both sexy

That reminds me... I need to get some pics of my '38 K98k on the forum

·
Registered
501 Posts
The future f-i-l was in Nam... ergo has a DD214. If a citizen born here then has a birth cert., with the DD214 can join the Legion. With DD214, Am. Legion membership and birth cert. and a clean record he can purchase several Garands / year and the CMP is accepting orders for Inland (419.00 + 22.95 shipping) and Underwood (479.00 + 22.95 shipping) carbines.

You, young fellow, may join the Garand Collectors Assoc. (for the associated club membership), use your CFL for firearms related activity and your birth cert. for citizenship proof to purchase... several Garands / year and the CMP is accepting.........................................

all you need is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to pay for the habit :wink:

·
Registered
501 Posts
UrbanTiger74 said:
I too didn't have the time or patience to join the CMP.

When the day comes, and it will, that you're excruciatingly sorry you didn't go the CMP route, please post here so I can say.....

told you so

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mikenkansas said:
The future f-i-l was in Nam... ergo has a DD214. If a citizen born here then has a birth cert., with the DD214 can join the Legion. With DD214, Am. Legion membership and birth cert. and a clean record he can purchase several Garands / year and the CMP is accepting orders for Inland (419.00 + 22.95 shipping) and Underwood (479.00 + 22.95 shipping) carbines.

You, young fellow, may join the Garand Collectors Assoc. (for the associated club membership), use your CFL for firearms related activity and your birth cert. for citizenship proof to purchase... several Garands / year and the CMP is accepting.........................................

all you need is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to pay for the habit :wink:

<3

Oh, and I have money

1 - 11 of 11 Posts