MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, they will.

I just picked up a cheaper alternative. http://www.ambientweather.com/molez5.html

I am very pleased with it. With shipping it was only $57. Side by side from what I have seen at a local gunshop, its much brighter than the M3. Plus I have used it at the range. I put 500 rounds thru my M&P with it attached and with the light on. It worked great. The light did not once flicker nor did it switch off under recoil. It stayed tight and in place. Being my M&P is my nightstand pistol, the Z5 is a great alternative to a $125 Streamlight product.

The Guinea

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
My Streamlight

I have had my streamlight for about 6 months now and love it but it looks like you have found the new and improved diet streamlight will look into it when I get my 40c thanx for the link

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I don't see why they shouldn't...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Yes it will fit, I have the m6 for my 40 when its on the night stand. If the light you get has a plastic lens put a light coat of vasaline on it if you have the light on your gun at the range. This will stop muzzel blast from burning your lens

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got a picture of this on your gun?? The picture they have on the site is kinda crappy.

guinea said:
Yes, they will.

I just picked up a cheaper alternative. http://www.ambientweather.com/molez5.html

I am very pleased with it. With shipping it was only $57. Side by side from what I have seen at a local gunshop, its much brighter than the M3. Plus I have used it at the range. I put 500 rounds thru my M&P with it attached and with the light on. It worked great. The light did not once flicker nor did it switch off under recoil. It stayed tight and in place. Being my M&P is my nightstand pistol, the Z5 is a great alternative to a $125 Streamlight product.

The Guinea

·
Registered
88 Posts
Joe said:
Got a picture of this on your gun?? The picture they have on the site is kinda crappy.

[quote name='guinea']Yes, they will.

The Guinea
[/quote]

Let me dig out the digital camera and I'll try to have a pic up soon.

The Guinea

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ledwave light

It's a good light but NOT a "duty use" type item... I left mine on for an extended time (power went out) and the lens melted! The body is plastic, which makes it light, but seems very breakable... BUT great for the money.

I also have the x200 which is VERY rugged, lens is glass, body metal, etc. BUT it was expensive (even used on ebay...)

So... you do get what you pay for...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: Ledwave light

gaust said:
It's a good light but NOT a "duty use" type item...

So... you do get what you pay for...

I agree. Thats why in my original post I stated that its my "night stand" pistol. I am not an LEO, and if I were, yes I would spend extra money to get a top quality product. But for the money and the purpose of a "night stand" pistol, it fits the bill just fine.

The Guinea

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ledwave

True enough! Just my 2c, 'cause all these lights look similar online... You REALLY see the difference up close and personal. This one is great for the money as a night stand accessory!

·
Registered
19 Posts
So would it be safe to say this is overkill for inspecting thumps in the night? This probably kicked the "SA-XD's" Insight Mini off the throne.

·
Registered
157 Posts
M&P with TLR-1

The Z5 light isn't as high quality as others available. The replacement lamps may be difficult to obtain. It may be OK for home use but I wouldn't use it as a duty weapon light.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If looking for a pistol-mounted light I would either go with the Surefire X200 (A or B) or the Streamlight TLR-1

·
Registered
270 Posts
1Shot said:
So would it be safe to say this is overkill for inspecting thumps in the night? This probably kicked the "SA-XD's" Insight Mini off the throne.

Not at all. My "things that go bump in the night" nightstand gun is my 9mm CZ SP-01 (19+1) with nightsights and a Streamlight M-6 unit. All bases are covered with this combo.

--

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts