MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I ran into a government report in my college library once. It was all about fielding nuclear weapons as artillary. It was about the most idiotic collection of stupid ideas i had ever seen. Probably cost millions of dollars to produce. The davey crockett was one of the items referenced.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
I hadn't seen that one before, the Army has one of the Atomic Annie's in their artillery display at Ft Sill in Lawton OK.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
John, I have seen that display...

I like the concept of having a vehicle mounted rifle that could deploy nuc's, but I sure would want one with at least 10K effective range... I wonder how many Russia had and Iran has now.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
John, I have seen that display...

I like the concept of having a vehicle mounted rifle that could deploy nuc's, but I sure would want one with at least 10K effective range... I wonder how many Russia had and Iran has now.

more than 1 but less then 17 maybe
8)

·
Registered
660 Posts
I think that after shooting that nothing else would ever compare favorably. But then again how many people could say I launched a nuke.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I used to live in Lawton... for about 5 months...

Anyways, I had a friend who was in Vietnam, who said they had experimental versions of this deployed within the artillery units in case it was ever needed. Not sure what evidence there is out there for this, but that was his story.

·
Registered
512 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts