MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here with a NON-MA compliant MP40 and a MA compliant MP9. I can tell you without a doubt that the replacement of the sear assembly is NOT the only difference in the MA version. The trigger return spring on the MA version is MUCH heavier! I'd guess a pound or two. No kidding! I'm kinda bummed. Is removing the return spring difficult? I'd like to swap and try the "normal" spring on my MP9.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yep I found that out the hard way today. The trigger bar is also different. You can order a new trigger bar assembly from brownells but they don't come with the spring. I am going to be calling Wolff to see what they can do to help us out. The glock extra power trigger return spring is way lighter then the normal stock spring. As soon as I find out if they can do something I'll let you know.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I have some stock trigger springs that I ordered from S&W. They are easy to change out.

So the different parts are:

Sear block

Trigger bar

Trigger spring

Correct???

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
So the different parts are:

Sear block

Trigger bar

Trigger spring

Correct???

Correct.

The sear block has as a super sized plunger and spring under the sear block.

The trigger bar has a steeper angle on the surface that engages the sear.

The trigger return spring looks lke it belongs on the suspension under my truck.

all adding up to a good reason to move from Mass

·
Registered
169 Posts
It does has it's advantages, I live ten minues from S&W...nice to be local. Problem is, when I go to the S&W performance center there are so many guns I can't buy. Liberals.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts