MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whatever things my hands find to do i always do it with all my might...so i made my own belt holster out of carabao (water buffalo) hide.

natural color of carabaohide

dressed it with brown and black leather pigments

easy snap on

soon to post my mag pouch i'm still working on...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Great looking holster, loloy! Custom made, exotic hide, and you didn't have to wait 6 months.

Jim

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
Looks great! Did you seal the leather after finishing to keep the color from rubbing off on your clothes?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tailrotor said:
Great looking holster, loloy! Custom made, exotic hide, and you didn't have to wait 6 months.
thanks...sure can't wait that long.

G56 said:
Looks great! Did you seal the leather after finishing to keep the color from rubbing off on your clothes?

thanks...not yet but tomorrow (24 hrs. after last coat) i'm gonna treat it with linseed oil...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M47_Dragon said:
Nice holster indeed.

But this begs the question - did you shoot the water buffalo with your M&P?

hahahaha not my national animal

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I had a girlfriend from Cebu, were talking about exotic foods when she brought up a Filipino delicacy of half cooked duck eggs. Don't know why that came to mind, but you should have seen my face...

Great looking holster my friend, keep the fantastic work up.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
real nice custom work... 8)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Morgan Walker said:
I had a girlfriend from Cebu, were talking about exotic foods when she brought up a Filipino delicacy of half cooked duck eggs. Don't know why that came to mind, but you should have seen my face...

Great looking holster my friend, keep the fantastic work up.

thanks MW...chick embryo better known as "baluuuuut" in my region. you should try it. In the Philippines balut is so popular street snack that it is equivalent to what the hot dog is in the U.S.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
newskate9mp said:
Nice job!!!!

I wonder if the beast would rather be painted, or shot?

highly respected beastfriend of farmers...but this one had a sex change i think

·
Registered
76 Posts
loloy said:
[quote name='newskate9mp']Nice job!!!!

I wonder if the beast would rather be painted, or shot?

highly respected beastfriend of farmers...but this one had a sex change i think
[/quote]

OUCH, painted, shot or sex change................. I'm still thinking the bullet might be the better option!

side note - I've been fortunate enough to world travel a bit and had oppt. to be immersed in quite a few places. It would be great if we all could experience "people" of other lands instead of just the politicians and whack jobs - and this goes for our great land too.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
made my own solo mag holster

made of the same hide

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am extremely impressed with that holster - not just that it looks totally pro, but I like the mottled coloration - very attractive.

I'd love to see something other than 'plain brown' or 'plain black' flat colors flawlessly polished but visually uninteresting. What you have done is exactly what I'd want for my next purchase.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lance22 said:
I am extremely impressed with that holster - not just that it looks totally pro, but I like the mottled coloration - very attractive.

I'd love to see something other than 'plain brown' or 'plain black' flat colors flawlessly polished but visually uninteresting. What you have done is exactly what I'd want for my next purchase.

thanks...hope you find one. generally large animal hides have large skin pores which take up more pigments in turn give deep mottled colors you've just described. :wink:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Nice holster, but the leather is awfully thick. How much does it add to the width of the firearm.

Pretty, but strikes me as counterproductive for concealment.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
101Combat Vet said:
real nice custom work...
thanks

8)

raz-0 said:
Nice holster, but the leather is awfully thick. How much does it add to the width of the firearm.

Pretty, but strikes me as counterproductive for concealment.

thanks...definitely not for concealment or IWB else you'll have a dose of kidney punch everytime you stoop and terribly excruciating if worn over long period. aside from aesthetics i tailored it for my range use only and i preferred a thicker hide for access and easy draw as thin hide will close up on themselves once it's drawn and makes tactical one hand holstering difficult. though it's stony hard and quite strong side holster too. :wink:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts