MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question before I order one, just wondering if the mag/lock saftey can be disconnected or removed?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't know about the internal lock, but the mag safety can be removed. I am still debating on whether I want to do this simple mod or not.

REMOVING THE MAGAZINE SAFETY:

Pros

-my gun does not become disabled if I am ever in need of defense without the magazine (such as reloading in the "field")

-dry-firing will be easier, a method that I would use for practice

-quick alternative to manually moving the sear (is that right?) when field stripping is to dry-fire, just like Glocks

-my friends will have less to complain about

Cons

-a greater fear of the consequences if the gun ever needs to be put into use to save a life

-dropping the mag is a practical (even if unlikely) way to diable the gun if someone ever gets close enough to wrestle with me

-I can easily disable the gun around other people, for whatever reason

PS As should be expected, I do not rely on any mechanical safety as an alternative to proper gun handling/safety.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Breeze....

I didn't have time to search through everything before I made an order. Glad to see I can lose the safety if needed. Can't wait to get mine. I ordered the 9mm since ammo prices going up so high. I'm looking forward to seeing how much faster I will be with reloads. It should be a blessing to have a pistol that's for left handed people. lol. My next step will be some sights, a trigger job, holster and mag pouch. I hope I don't regret selling my G34. lol. [/u]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts