MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site and to shooting but I do belong to a few other forums and have been finding conflicting statements regarding to Mag capacity here in New Jersey. My shooting range/dealer tells me that the round capacity for magazines in New Jersey is now 15. (post ban?) I know that he is selling used and brand new guns that have 15 round mags and several of the pistols I rent there have 15 round mags.

I noticed on the MP-store.com site here that they state that 15 round mags cannot be sent to several states, including New Jersey. I also notice the copyright date for the page is 2005 so maybe that information is out of date?

So, who is right, can someone with a knowledge of the current law please post the current round capacity in New Jersey.

Thanks!

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I can't keep up with the laws everywhere, if you can tell me for sure the law is changed, I'll change the rules on the store.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kymas! Jester, you might want to change the info in the store the next time you are in there editing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
JohnA136, You're good togo on a 15 round capacity magazine. I don't personally own a 15 capacity, but my dealer confirmed 15 was OK. My current high capacity is the M&P 9c 12 rounds.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks LocknLoad, I just ordered two and filled out the rebate for two so I should be good for the fun shoots where we need a lot of mags. If you ever shoot in Lakewood, maybe I'll see you there. I'll be the guy with the M&P40 and the ear to ear grin.

·
Registered
210 Posts
JohnA136 said:
Thanks LocknLoad, I just ordered two and filled out the rebate for two so I should be good for the fun shoots where we need a lot of mags. If you ever shoot in Lakewood, maybe I'll see you there. I'll be the guy with the M&P40 and the ear to ear grin.

Sounds cool, John. I know what you mean...After putting about 600 rounds through the M&P, I'm loving this pistol!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to the range to try out the new gun. Shoots real smooth, seemed to shoot a little low? Not sure what to do about that since the sights are not adjustable? By the time I got 100 shots through her, I was getting closer groups but I need more practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
JohnA136 said:
Went to the range to try out the new gun. Shoots real smooth, seemed to shoot a little low? Not sure what to do about that since the sights are not adjustable? By the time I got 100 shots through her, I was getting closer groups but I need more practice, practice, practice.

Could be you anticipating recoil. But if the groups are tight and low, you cna always try the next larger backstrap.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I am new to shooting a larger caliber pistol (we rented about a dozen different ones to try before settling in on the M&P) so maybe that is it. I know my 22 has like zero recoil and I can group that in a quarter at 25 yards if I pay attention. Funny thing is I can do that with my Cx4 Storm .40 too?

I think all I need is a lot more practice with the M&P.

·
Registered
551 Posts
JohnA136 said:
I noticed on the MP-store.com site here that they state that 15 round mags cannot be sent to several states, including New Jersey. I also notice the copyright date for the page is 2005 so maybe that information is out of date?

So, who is right, can someone with a knowledge of the current law please post the current round capacity in New Jersey.

Thanks!
The M&P full size 9mm magazines hold 17 rounds so the NJ law 115 round maximum law doesn't allow the M&P shop to send them

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Correct, but they could have sold me the 15 round mags since I have a M&P40, not a 9mm. I did order them from one of the forum vendor/sponsors though so it is all good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts