MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 9mmcompact. I am only able to get 11 rds in my mags.

They are 12 rd caps according to the box and the mag.

Are they like Glock mags where you just fight the final round in and let it sit for a few days and take a set ?

Jim

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi jhiller, first off, welcome to the forums. Glad you are here. I do not have the 9mm Compact, so I cannot speak from experience. I do have the .40c. I have hear some say that the last round can be a bugger to get in. I have had no issues, but again, I don't have the 9mm.

Ron

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
jhiller said:

Are they like Glock mags where you just fight the final round in and let it sit for a few days and take a set ?

Jim
Fighting it in and letting it sit will do the trick. We had to do the same thing and it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I left mine filled for 3 days. It is now easy to insert 12th round in mag. Then a trip to the range and adjustment of rear sight. Pistol was shooting to the right approx 2" at 25ft. Function is 100% . Trigger stinks. I think I may need Mr Burwells work.

I am used to a much cleaner reset and less stacking in pull.

A nice weapon but needs some work to optimize it for carry. My standard is still a Smith Nframe trigger with lots of miles.

Jim

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jim,

My 9c mags were very stiff when new... I finally got 12 rounds in the mags and let them "set up" for a couple of weeks... after that shot the dickens out of them... found they loosened up pretty well and continue to improve.

Bottom line: Give them some time to set and shoot them a bit to loosen them.

A $2.00 UZI mag loader can be handy at first too.

FWIW

Chuck

jhiller said:

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.