MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 9mmcompact. I am only able to get 11 rds in my mags.

They are 12 rd caps according to the box and the mag.

Are they like Glock mags where you just fight the final round in and let it sit for a few days and take a set ?

Jim

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi jhiller, first off, welcome to the forums. Glad you are here. I do not have the 9mm Compact, so I cannot speak from experience. I do have the .40c. I have hear some say that the last round can be a bugger to get in. I have had no issues, but again, I don't have the 9mm.

Ron

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
jhiller said:

Are they like Glock mags where you just fight the final round in and let it sit for a few days and take a set ?

Jim
Fighting it in and letting it sit will do the trick. We had to do the same thing and it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I guess i am just use to loading the sten mags for my oly arm 9mm ar but i didnt think it was hard to get all 12 of them in at all

Adam

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Adam,

That could certainly be the case but I have also noticed that mag. spring tension varies. One of our mags needed this treatment but the other didn't. Go figure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually the mag with the flush baseplate easily took 12 it was the two with pinky extension that had to be pushed.

Jim

·
Registered
367 Posts
mine was a little tough at first too. A small Glock mag loader can be used for the first few times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
this site is great! after reading this thread i loaded both mags last night. number 24 made me feel like a little girl. maybe i'll only load 11 at the range till it loosens up. or hit the gym and lift with my fingers!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Fully load the mags. Leave them fully loaded for a couple months (except when you are shooting of course). This will make them easier to load.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I left mine filled for 3 days. It is now easy to insert 12th round in mag. Then a trip to the range and adjustment of rear sight. Pistol was shooting to the right approx 2" at 25ft. Function is 100% . Trigger stinks. I think I may need Mr Burwells work.

I am used to a much cleaner reset and less stacking in pull.

A nice weapon but needs some work to optimize it for carry. My standard is still a Smith Nframe trigger with lots of miles.

Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
Also if you aren't allready doing this I find putting the base of the mag on a hard surface helps. A lot of people push against their thigh or just use their week side hand to support the mag.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jim,

My 9c mags were very stiff when new... I finally got 12 rounds in the mags and let them "set up" for a couple of weeks... after that shot the dickens out of them... found they loosened up pretty well and continue to improve.

Bottom line: Give them some time to set and shoot them a bit to loosen them.

A $2.00 UZI mag loader can be handy at first too.

FWIW

Chuck

jhiller said:

Jim

·
Registered
84 Posts
One other thing that I have not seen mentioned is that the mag spring may be in backwards. I found this on a couple of mags from another gun I own.

Hub

1 - 14 of 14 Posts