MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a mag carrier for my M&P9. I don,t see it listed in most major brands web sites. What are you guys using ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
mag carrier

I picked up a Uncle Mike's molded carrier for the Berretta 9mm. My Fobus paddle carrier for the Berretta also works. So I guess anything that fits the Berretta mags will also fit the M&P 40 mags.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I use Kytac mag carriers. They are adjustable, custom molded kydex carriers.

They work great.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Comp-Tac. It says "12" on the back of it so I guess that's the size or part #. I just told them I needed a mag carrier for the M&P and voila.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i looked at the comp-tac one. are there any others that are iwb for concealment? seems kind of foolish to conceal carry the pistol and then have a mag hanging out

·
Registered
255 Posts
slove_mp9c said:
i looked at the comp-tac one. are there any others that are iwb for concealment? seems kind of foolish to conceal carry the pistol and then have a mag hanging out

Comp-Tac reportedly has some new products coming out along with a website redesign. I've learned that they often carry things that aren't advertised on their existing site, so they may already have some IWB magazine carriers.

Regardless, here are a few others...

http://www.bearclawholsters.com/holsters/m...necarriers.aspx

http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/GCODESINGLEMAG

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
mp-store.com brother.. I recommend the ishot mag pouches... I as well as others have had problems with the comp-tac mag pouches.

·
Registered
936 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
I use Kytac mag carriers. They are adjustable, custom molded kydex carriers.

They work great.
All I use also;

concealment and competition.

www.kytac.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love the Ready Tactical pouches I have for my Glock 19. The iShot ones look like they'd probably be good to go as well. I plan on purchasing some soon.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Folks, if I may.......

Before making any of our pouches, I tried several incl the ones from Comp-Tac. Let me say that I like Comp-Tac holsters and will always recommend them but I'd never used any of their mag holders to date until I got my M&P. Please keep in mind that I think very highly of Comp-Tac and I like the folks there. A friend, Dave Sevigny (Glock great), runs the Comp-Tac and loves 'em and he has an outstanding track record to show for. The following is simply what happened to me.

The first time I took it for a run was at a local USPSA match. I had Phil Strader (grandmaster) and a couple of other guys watching behind me. Time for my first reload and the whole mag pouch came off. I blurted W-T-F and used the butt of the M&P to get it off the mag. After the stage was shot, Phil came up and asked if that was the new Helmie reload.

Second time round was at an IDPA match and during two back-to-back reloads, the pouch binded. That was when I decided to retire 'em. Since then I have heard that a couple of others had the same problem.

All this while, I was waiting for the ones I really like from Ready Tactical but unfortunately, he never shipped. Enough was enough so I went out and got ours made.

They're slightly dropped and slightly canted to accommodate different waist lines and be suitable for women too.

They may not be the prettiest pouches you will find but damn do they work!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts