MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon my stupidity, but what is the deal with everyone wanting the mag disconnect? I dont have a problem with it, in fact the M&P is the first pistol that has had a mag disconnect on it. I gues what my real question is what is the real benefit that the disconnect vs. no disconnect would give you.

4>---->

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realize the practical answer to the question, being able to fire the round in chamber while reloading, and it might shave some time off in competition. I was wondering if there was anything i was missing, it seems to be a pretty popular thing to do, and was just curious. Until i saw a thread discussing the "how to" i had never even thought about doing it or that it would be possible.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that the reason they give for having a mag disconnect!? Thats kind of simple minded dont you think, I mean, if they can take your gun from you, wouldnt they probably be able to take your Mag as well? If they are trying to wrestle my gun from me, they are going to find a CKRT knife, or a Kel-tec p32 shoved in their gut.

4>---->

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys, im not trying to clog up the forum thread here, i was just asking a question. I someone would rather direct me to a previous thread instead of explaining it again, that would be fine as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i found the parallel thread in the Pistol forum, and it ansewered my questions. Thanks guys. Sorry for the inconvenience. This is the firs Magazine disconnect firearm i have ever had, and i wasnt sure i was getting the point. I can be a bit slow sometimes, just ask my wife, and her mother, and my sister, and......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts