MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I got a new MP9c, Ser. # MPL7***, as part of a trade, and never paid attention before I did the trade, if it had the mag disconnect or not, well I got it and yes it does have the mag disconnect. I can only see this safety as a "good" thing in one situation, but more than likely would be a very rare situation, ie... a BG gets ahold of your gun, you drop the mag, he can't shoot you. The only sistuation this safety has any use for IMO. Anyone else have a mag safety, and if so what are your thoughts on a mag safety on a carry gun. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I have it on two M&P's and don't like it. I just don't like anything that renders my weapon useless. If I was fighting for my gun, I wouldn't be confident that would be able to hit the mag release. What if the bad guy hits the mag release and I end up with a non-firing gun in my hand?

I like knowing I can reload a fresh mag knowing that the gun can go bang should I need it to with it is sans magazine. A very unlikely scenario, I know.

I also like to dry-fire without a mag..it's just a preference.

YMMV

I have one "no MS" sear housing ready to install and I have been scouring the earth looking for another one.

If you do a search there are several threads on this.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
full size .40 has it

9c doesnt have it

I like both, but also have problems with both.... I like the 40 because I KNOW my 3 1/2 year old girl will not be able to get hurt... But like CHOOCH said the mag gone it as as pointless as 2 guys kissng (dont be offended please) 8)

and for the 9c just flip what I said about the .40 My daughter is the biggest concern and for right now just keep one out the chamber and out of her reach if I see someone cruz up to the driveway by the time they get here the 2 dogs will be ready and so will my firearm :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
choochboost said:
[quote name='101Combat Vet']My daughter is the biggest concern and for right now just keep one out the chamber and out of her reach
With or without the MS, I'll bet you'd slap yourself silly if your daughter ever got her hands on it anyway.[/quote]

you said it about 250 things must have gone wrong if my baby girl gets her hands on any firearms of mine

·
Registered
282 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
[quote name='choochboost'][quote name='101Combat Vet']My daughter is the biggest concern and for right now just keep one out the chamber and out of her reach
With or without the MS, I'll bet you'd slap yourself silly if your daughter ever got her hands on it anyway.[/quote]

you said it about 250 things must have gone wrong if my baby girl gets her hands on any firearms of mine[/quote]

You said a mouth full, however it's granddaughters I worry about. I am extremely careful (but you can't be too careful).

One is 7 (in Aug) 1 will be 6 in Dec. I plan on starting their familiarization with firearms in the near future, the 7 yr old watches me clean mine and knows not to touch unless I say it's OK.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
dralarms said:
[quote name='101Combat Vet'][quote name='choochboost'][quote name='101Combat Vet']My daughter is the biggest concern and for right now just keep one out the chamber and out of her reach

you said it about 250 things must have gone wrong if my baby girl gets her hands on any firearms of mine[/quote]

You said a mouth full, however it's granddaughters I worry about. I am extremely careful (but you can't be too careful).

One is 7 (in Aug) 1 will be 6 in Dec. I plan on starting their familiarization with firearms in the near future, the 7 yr old watches me clean mine and knows not to touch unless I say it's OK.[/quote]one of many upsides of my daughter being almost deaf is sign language she even looks at my firearms (while I am cleaning) i just do the sign for pain over and over again until she sees something more interesting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts