MP-Pistol Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the range and didn't even finish off a mag before my mag started to drop. I tried to use other mags and they did the same thing. I removed the mag catch and noticed that the little metal piece that locks the mag in place is worn. I tried calling S&W but they only run a weekday operation. I'm so mad
. Hopefully I'll get it back really quick. I have about 1100 rds through it without a single problem until now. Can anyone tell me if you send back a Rev M will they do all the Rev N upgrades before they send it back?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Called S&W today, they are sending me a shipping label. They want the entire gun. Does anyone know if they are installing an "upgraded" mag release?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
crazypilot said:
Called S&W today, they are sending me a shipping label. They want the entire gun. Does anyone know if they are installing an "upgraded" mag release?

Another member posted that his M&P returned with a new mag release that was stamped with a "2" so it sounds like they have a new upgraded replacement.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it back and it does have the "little 2" on it. I haven't fired it yet but I'll let you all know how it works out. Has anyone had an issue with the new mag catch?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Please do let us know CP!!! Hope it works for you!!

crazypilot said:
Got it back and it does have the "little 2" on it. I haven't fired it yet but I'll let you all know how it works out. Has anyone had an issue with the new mag catch?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
got mine back from S&W with new catch and letter said replaced "damaged"mag catch.they did more than that because mag feels totaly different going in,more resistance and mag feels tighter when in place.hurt back at work last friday so havent shot it yet.hope to put about 500 thru it this week end

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
NIIIIICE!!!! Happy to hear they seemed to get her fixed! Make sure and update after you put 500 down!!!!

tigs40cal said:
got mine back from S&W with new catch and letter said replaced "damaged"mag catch.they did more than that because mag feels totaly different going in,more resistance and mag feels tighter when in place.hurt back at work last friday so havent shot it yet.hope to put about 500 thru it this week end

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tigs40cal said:
It does indeed.

·
Registered
414 Posts
With the mag catch problem in my 40C, S&W replaced the original mag catch (marked "2") with another mag catch (marked "1"). So far, so good again.... I really like this gun - the M&P Compact is an awesome gun in every way.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took it to the range today fired 200 rds. and it shot like a champ. No mag drop issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Tigs and Crazy... what model guns do you guys have and what # is stamped on the replacement mag release they gave you?

Mine is a 40Compact and originally had a mag catch marked "2"... they replaced it with a mag catch marked "1". I have around 350 rounds through it since I got it back and no mag drop problems have occurred.

·
Registered
414 Posts
makes me wonder if the 2's are for full size and the 1's for Compacts????

·
Registered
573 Posts
My full size M&P9 has a "2" on the mag release button, my wife's M&P9C has a "1". I bought mine 5/06, hers 11/06. Neither one has had a mag drop problem.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Wow... can any of you guys compare your 1's and 2's? It would really be interesting to know what the difference is and why S&W seems to be using them interchangeably... they both must be current parts as my 40C came from the factory with a 2 but S&W replaced it with a 1 when I had a mag drop problem...

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have laid them side by side, and frankly I can't see any difference. The little metal tabs on both look like they are the same length, and that's what holds the mag in the gun.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shot about 80rds at an IDPA competiton this weekend and experienced no mag drop issues.

·
Registered
414 Posts
TRYING to understand the difference between "1's"

Someone I know compared his "1" to his "2" and said that the edges of the metal tab were more squared off on the "1" and a little more rounded on the "2". It sounds to me, with an exception or two, that perhaps the "1's" are functioning better on the Compacts and the "2's" better on the Full size models. Don't know if caliber is a factor either. That's just a preliminary guess, but it seems that most "repaired" full size models now have "2's" in place of "1's" and that repaired compacts now have "1's" in place of "2's". Still could just be random outcomes, I suppose. There's got to be some difference between the 1's and the 2's, if one examines them closely enough. I wish I had one of each to look at myself. It would be great to understand why there are 1's and 2's, BOTH being currently installed by S&W to fix mag drop issues.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got mine back from S&W again (2nd time) for the mag drop issue. When I first bought the pistol, I had a "1" on the mag release. Then when I sent it in the first time, I got it back with a "2". Now I got it back with another "1". Doesn't look much like a fix to me. I'll continue to use it for competition but not for carry. If it happens again, I will be selling it. It's unfortunate because I was hoping this issue would be resolved by now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.