MP-Pistol Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mag drop

6K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Jester 
#1 ·
Just got back from the range and didn't even finish off a mag before my mag started to drop. I tried to use other mags and they did the same thing. I removed the mag catch and noticed that the little metal piece that locks the mag in place is worn. I tried calling S&W but they only run a weekday operation. I'm so mad
. Hopefully I'll get it back really quick. I have about 1100 rds through it without a single problem until now. Can anyone tell me if you send back a Rev M will they do all the Rev N upgrades before they send it back?

See less See more
#28 ·
I am left handed, and was dropping the mag in IDPA, and three-gun matches. Never made it through a match without dropping the mags. I sent it twice to Smith, they would replace the mag catch, and send it back. Same problem. I finally sanded the part the finger engages down to almost the line on the circumference of the mag bottom. I made it through an 8 stage IDPA for the first time. The button is easy to get to with my index finger. I am very encouraged this is going to be a fix for me.

Tom

#29 ·
TomMc said:
I am left handed, and was dropping the mag in IDPA, and three-gun matches. Never made it through a match without dropping the mags. I sent it twice to Smith, they would replace the mag catch, and send it back. Same problem. I finally sanded the part the finger engages down to almost the line on the circumference of the mag bottom. I made it through an 8 stage IDPA for the first time. The button is easy to get to with my index finger. I am very encouraged this is going to be a fix for me.

Tom

Yeah, the problem is they've been installing the original design catch. I am hoping (as we all are), that the new Melonite catch will once and for all take care of things. If not, S&W has a major problem on their hands. The word is out that the M&P is a helluva gun IF you get a good one. Not everyone wants to take a $500 risk and I can understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.