MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my pistol seems to jingle pretty loud with 15-10 rounds in the magazine. i noticed that i could buy shims for it, but i began thinking of easier... faster cures. i took out the full magazine and held the top bullet down with my thumb. i shook it. it jingled. i began looking into all those little holes on the sides of the mag, and i noticed that the round marked as number eight was ticking back and forth. so i took out all of the bullets and got my hammer. thats right, my hammer. i rapped the mag with just the corner of the striking face just between numbers 6 and 8, then another couple times on the other side, between 7 and 9. i put all the rounds back in the magazine. no rattle. not even a peep. so if you arent against hitting your magazine with a hammer, this seems to work pretty well. no feed problems, no nothing. just a bunch of smiley faces on my magazine.

1. locate rattle.

2. empty magazine.

3. beat it with a hammer. (like you havent wanted to do that ever since that rattle came about anyway.)

i hope that doesnt affect your little shim monopoly.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't know about that :? . I would think that may keep some types of ammo from feeding properly.

·
Registered
165 Posts
mag jingles are usually a result of rounds not stacking right in the mag. If properly lined up the friction between rounds will not allow for any jingling or christmas carols either for that matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, it's no different from the current cure of shimming the magazine. the friction has to come from somewhere; would you rather stick a piece of sheet metal in your magazine, or compress the magazine, so it applies it's own friction?

unless you dont have a problem with the jingle. then i guess you dont have to do either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
jamestag said:
3. beat it with a hammer. (like you havent wanted to do that ever since that rattle came about anyway.)

I know it doesn't sound right, but this is done quite often with S_I magzines. Not usually to keep them from "jingling" but normally to allow them to drop free. As long as you don't make a big dent, I don't think you'll have any problems.

·
Registered
77 Posts
bet the M&P mags are just as tough as the Sigma mags I have beat with a hammer. go with the shims though imo. Sigma mags will take a big pounding with a hammer real damage is done with a pin punch in conjunction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts