MP-Pistol Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I went shooting I found that after almost every shot the mag dropped? Any suggestions on keeping a firm grip and not pushing the mag release on kick back?

·
Registered
501 Posts
thesaintnr1 said:
Last time I went shooting I found that after almost every shot the mag dropped? Any suggestions on keeping a firm grip and not pushing the mag release on kick back?

Try switching it to the other side first. If you feel it's the mag release getting too touchy a call to S&W with the explanation that "you're concerned that about the reports of mag releases wearing, allowing mags to drop" will get 1 or > in your mailbox within (in one case I'm intimately aware of) a week.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If it's your grip that's causing the mag to drop then a new one from S&W probably isn't going to fix the problem.

Read the first few magazine-related threads here:

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=14

It's happened to quite a few people, myself included. At least one member has fixed the issue by sanding down the portion of the release that ends up under his finger when he grips. I'm going to try the same thing.

If your compact is anything like the one I handled at the shop a few weeks ago then it requires almost no pressure on the release to drop the magazine. If that's the case you might want to contact S&W as mikenkansas suggested and let them know that the magazine is coming out too easily. They may need to eventually swap out your frame with one that holds magazines a little tighter.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I purchased one of the .40 M&P's when they first came out ser# MPA3***, I only have around 200 rounds down range now I am thinking about calling Smith and asking for a newer model frame with the newer mag catch (the one that only fits the newer frame) my fear is thta Smith will reject me, I have had noe mag drop issues, but now I am afraid to trust hte gun, I know I only have less than 200 rounds fired but I am still scared and reluctant to fire and trust the gun. Any help would be great! I love the pistol and yesterday I purchased a brand new M&P15T (which is great!)

VR

Jet

·
Registered
434 Posts
if mag would not drop with loose grip then first of all you are probably squeezin hard remember that your firearm is not a fruit and you can't get juice out of it, secondly, no matter how colossal those fingers you have i dont think mag release really comes in its way if you have normal anatomy because it normally set in between your thumb and middle finger unless youre so used to playing video games. :wink:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jet if you want a new mag catch I do not believe a whole new frame is necessary. Saint if you are hitting the mag release while firing, I would suggest a different grip before suggesting you switch sides with the mag catch. Use a larger grip to get your thumb farther away, or a smaller one to place it in a better spot. Above all it needs to be comfortable in the hand, but from past reports and your own admission, your thumb appears to be the culprit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.