MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Glock .40 S&W/9mm loader sorta kinda works. I haven't had a chance to try it with actual ammo, but it looks promising. I tried it on an empty M&P .40 S&W mag at Sportsman's Warehouse. I noticed that the M&P mag follower tilted backward, probably because the Glock follower is shaped differently. That tilt may not be a problem once you get a few rounds in.

I don't understand why S&W doesn't make a mag loader for the M&P. It's a glaring omission in an otherwise excellent package. Every other double-stack semiauto I've bought came with a mag loader, whether it was a Glock, three different CZs, or my Springfield XD. I don't know whether H&K pistols come with a mag loader, but there are at least aftermarket mag loaders designed specifically to work with those magazines. Sure wish someone would make one for the M&P.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The Glock loader works fine on the M&P. I load 1 round by hand and then use my $2 ebay Glock loader.

I want to try the LULA pistol loader though, I have an AK LULA and it's the best $20 I've ever spent.

·
Registered
50 Posts
upLULA

I've got the upLula universal pistol loader version, and use it with my M&P 9MM (17 rds). All I can say is thats the best darn $29.99 I have ever spent!

Just for a comparison: My first trip to the range, I shot 345 rounds in 3 hours and 45 minutes, most of that time was reloading. My second and last time to the range, I shot 300 rounds in 45 minutes.

The best part is my thumbs don't hurt anymore. I can load a 17 rd mag in about 13 seconds.

The Lula says it's an universal, so it should work with the 40 as well.

All the best,

Jeff

http://maglula.tripod.com/uplula.htm

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
ive never had a problem loading mags for any gun, i use a double thumb technique to press the round in and can load faster and easier the most guys twice my size. I think being as small as i am i had to learn a way to keep up with everybody else.

basically i grab the mag with my left, and with my right place the round in place, using my left thumb to push it in place and my right thumb on top to complete it.

I have done this with my sigma with 7 mags at the range and people always ask me how i do it so quickly and easily.

i did buy a double stack loader and really didn't see the advantage, maybe another reason i found my own method.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Re: upLULA

Jetsurgeon said:
I've got the upLula universal pistol loader version, and use it with my M&P 9MM (17 rds). All I can say is thats the best darn $29.99 I have ever spent!

Just for a comparison: My first trip to the range, I shot 345 rounds in 3 hours and 45 minutes, most of that time was reloading. My second and last time to the range, I shot 300 rounds in 45 minutes.

The best part is my thumbs don't hurt anymore. I can load a 17 rd mag in about 13 seconds.

The Lula says it's an universal, so it should work with the 40 as well.

All the best,

Jeff

http://maglula.tripod.com/uplula.htm

I read about the Uplula at the Gunblast MP Compact review by Jeff Quin. Then I went to the web site from the article which is the same as the site you recommend. It said the Uplula for pistols wouldn't be available until Feb 28th. I looked for a place to order one and pricing info. at their site but couldn't find any way to order one. I even emailed them to get info but got no answer. How did you get ahold of one?

I already have a HK-940 loader that works very well but I would like a universal loader if there is such a thing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Phantom,

I noticed the upLULA on the manufactured web site about 2 weeks ago, but noticed it said it wasn't available for sale yet. I was bumed....
Figured I order one in Feb / March when ever their web site said they were available.

Two days later I went to my local shop to see the smith about my 30-06, and low and behold there was the upLULA hanging on the rack. I was shocked because it wasn't after the release date, but there it was, so I purchased it.

I really like it, but I havent used any other loader yet. Its fast!

All the best,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Uplula quest....

Thanks for the reply Jetsurgeon. I guess I'll check the local gun stores for one.

Maybe Uplula hasn't updated their web site yet. Wonder how many people went to their site after reading Jeff Quin's recommendation in the article on the MP compact at www.gunblast.com. If they are in production it looks like they would quickly ad a feature to order it and sell a bunch. :?

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
I use the LULA loader for my AR-15, it is a terrific product, very ingenious design, I bet the UPLULA will be the same, in addition having to only carry around one pistol caliber loader would be an advantage. At present I have to carry 2 different loaders for my 1911's, one for magazines with no base pads or small base pads, and a different one for the Chip MacCormick magazines with their large base pads, and another one for my Baretta Mod 92, and another one for the S&W MP40.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Still trying to buy a Uplula....

I got a real nice reply from the Uplula folks tonight but still haven't figured out how to order one. I know I'm not real computer savy but I can usually navigate around ok. Can anyone here figure out how to buy one of these Uplula Pistol loaders? The order site I was directed to was http://www.subgun-ordnance.com but still couldn't figure it out. I did get a price though. :?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Does anyone use the "Mag Tool" Speedloader from Continental USA Retail Sales? I was wondering how good that was. It's a universal tool for $5.99 and free shipping.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Re: Still trying to buy a Uplula....

TxPhantom said:
I got a real nice reply from the Uplula folks tonight but still haven't figured out how to order one. I know I'm not real computer savy but I can usually navigate around ok. Can anyone here figure out how to buy one of these Uplula Pistol loaders? The order site I was directed to was http://www.subgun-ordnance.com but still couldn't figure it out. I did get a price though. :?

At the bottom of the web page (looks like no online order capability):

To contact us or place an order:

Phone: 262-635-8305 or 262-770-9894

Fax: 262-635-8305

E-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Uplula on the way.

Thank's again Jet. Placed my order for Uplula Pistol Loader at eguns.com right away. Total cost with shipping = $32.04. 8)

·
Registered
154 Posts
upLula looks awesome.

Thank's again Jet. Placed my order for Uplula Pistol Loader at eguns.com right away. Total cost with shipping = $32.04.

Just did the same. Hope it comes soon!

Jet, you should make a commission on these babies :)

I was planning on hitting the range this weekend but now I might wait another week until this comes in the mail - I'll save my thumbs a lot of trouble. LOL

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
How is it for getting in the last couple of rounds? The last couple of rounds is where the HKS starts pooping out, it's difficult to get that 15th round into my 40 cal magazine.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Re: upLula looks awesome.

micah said:
Thank's again Jet. Placed my order for Uplula Pistol Loader at eguns.com right away. Total cost with shipping = $32.04.

Just did the same. Hope it comes soon!

Jet, you should make a commission on these babies :)

I was planning on hitting the range this weekend but now I might wait another week until this comes in the mail - I'll save my thumbs a lot of trouble. LOL

Just got notification today that my Uplula was being shipped (on Wednesday, should receive it in 2 to 4 days) and my account was being charged $32.04 ($26.25 + $5.79 shipping). I went to my online banking account and it only showed a charge of $28.24. That makes me even happier! And I'll really be happy if it works as well as I think it will.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts