MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have noticed with a full magazine in my MP9, the mag has a rather substantial gap between it and the frame of the pistol (on the bottom, baseplate area) I would say the gap is just as big, if not slightly larger than the gap between the frame and the slide. It is more noticeable at the front of the mag and it is causing some concern as I have not had time to go shoot it yet.

Anybody else familiar with this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
TexanAviator said:
Well, I have noticed with a full magazine in my MP9, the mag has a rather substantial gap between it and the frame of the pistol (on the bottom, baseplate area) I would say the gap is just as big, if not slightly larger than the gap between the frame and the slide. It is more noticeable at the front of the mag and it is causing some concern as I have not had time to go shoot it yet.

Normal on auto pistols.

Ed

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gdog said:
[quote name='TexanAviator']Well, I have noticed with a full magazine in my MP9, the mag has a rather substantial gap between it and the frame of the pistol (on the bottom, baseplate area) I would say the gap is just as big, if not slightly larger than the gap between the frame and the slide. It is more noticeable at the front of the mag and it is causing some concern as I have not had time to go shoot it yet.

Normal on auto pistols.

Ed[/quote]

NONE of my other pistols have EVER had this problem though. (HK's, Glock's, Sig's, Les Baer's)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Morgan Walker said:
I have seen this posted here before and the answer is that it is normal. I for one occasionally pinch my pinky finger when I am doing speed drills and tactical reloads when I am not paying attention. But I have not had a FTF yet, so I have learned to live with it. I wish I could be more helpful.

No, both you guys are very helpful. I actually did a search on it but could not find any information on it. I guess I will have to learn to live with it. I was doing some speed drills last night, went really really well consider it being new to me.

Thanks again, have a great day.

Nic

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Noticed that on my new '40 as well.

I thought it was from the finger-breaking mag springs. I have mine loaded with 15 rounds to loosen / soften the springs. Next time I shoot I will put 3 rounds in to see if this isn't the case.

Edit: just looked through the slide gap - as you push the mag in, it compresses that tight spring even more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts