MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are the mag prices so high? How can they expect to compete with Glock with mags being 40 bucks a pop??

·
Registered
11 Posts
New gun, metal mags, and S&W have always been on the high side. Glock mags are also very inexpensive when compared to just about anyone elses mags.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
The aftermarket has to get into it before you start to see any cheaper magazines, S&W factory mags have always been on the high side.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
5shot said:
I just received several M&P magazines from Botach for $29.95 each. http://store.botachtactical.com/smwempma.html

One note about Botach in case you haven't heard about them... call and make sure what you are odering is in stock before you place your order.

You actually got something from Botach?

BTW calling them to make sure something is in stock doesn't mean anything, I called them and asked if the IMI ammo I wanted was in stock, sure they said, we have tons of it, so I placed the order and waited......and waited......and waited.....tried to call them back, the guy you need to talk to isn't here right now, they would have him call me, and I waited....and waited....and waited, he never called me, even after repeated calls to them...and I waited....and waited....and waited some more, it took 3 months to get what I ordered, and then they double shipped the order! Considering the bad experience I had trying to actually get what I ordered, I just kept it, it was less trouble just to pay for it than to try to get them to pick it up and credit my credit card.

I had heard lots of bad stories about Botach before I ordered from them, there were a few guys that said they never had any problems, I didn't believe the naysayers about Botach, boy did I screw up!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ordering from Botach is definitely a risky proposition. I agree with you. However, I have always called ahead and never purchased anything that I couldn't live without if it didn't show up for a month. I also only order from Botach when the item cannot be found at the same price elsewhere or is part of a large order of things that cannot be found for less elsewhere. Botach sometime has incredibly low prices on items. E.g., currently Glock mags are $12.95, or at least they were last week when I placed an order.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
5shot said:
Botach sometime has incredibly low prices on items. E.g., currently Glock mags are $12.95, or at least they were last week when I placed an order.

Yup, like the TLR-2 light/laser for $199

1 - 10 of 10 Posts