MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the steps to remove the magazine safety, step 7 requires finding another spring of the proper length and diameter. This could be tough to get just right; I don't have a lot of springs laying around my house. My idea: simply find a washer of the proper thickness, to take up the space for the mag disconnector "arm" that is removed. Would this be an easier method than finding the perfect spring to fill the gap??

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I can understand needing the perfect size washer to fill the gap... probably because the factory spring that's in there is not really putting much sideways force on the mag disconnector "arm"? From the pictures, it looks like the spring is there to cause that "arm" to move up or down, rather than press it into its place.

I was thinking that it is easy to go to the hardware store to find many different washers to choose from. I don't know where I would go to find an assortment of springs to make this work. Any ideas for a store like that? How about the springs used in "clickable" ballpoint pens, cut to size?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.