MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to "Flitz off" the mag safety warning on the right side of the pistol? It's the only flaw on an otherwise good looking pistol. It appears to be superficial, but I didn't want to remove the finish... Thanks.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
No. I ordered my M&P 9mm with no lock, and no mag disconnect. Surprizingly it arrived with no warning on the slide.

I don't know how you would get it off without messing up the finish.

The only thing I use Flitz for is to make Glock triggers buttery smooth!! I hope to do the same with my M&P trigger.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
try to "unhighlight" with a black crayon?

·
Registered
56 Posts
My understanding is that all new M&P's are shipping without the warning. Which is great since I agree that the warning took away from the looks of the slide.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vzontini said:
My understanding is that all new M&P's are shipping without the warning. Which is great since I agree that the warning took away from the looks of the slide.

I don't know...I've got a MPH ser# which is pretty fresh I believe?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I seriously doubt you will be able to get it off with flitz. I have media blasted several and if I don't spend a little time on that area you can still easily read the warning even thought the black is long gone.

Dan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan Burwell said:
I seriously doubt you will be able to get it off with flitz. I have media blasted several and if I don't spend a little time on that area you can still easily read the warning even thought the black is long gone.

Dan

That's the straight poop I needed. I won't even try then.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took a two day training course on using the AR-15. It was a great time and a very good course. I had lunch with the owner of the training facility and an attourney who represents police officers involved in shootings. They both told me not to alter the magazine saftey on my M&P. The owner is used as an expert witness and stated that if you are forced to defend yourself with an altered gun, the opposing lawyer will have a field day. He stated I should sell the gun and buy one made the way I want if from the manufacturer. He stated you should also not use reloaded ammo in your conceal and carry weopon. He stated the lawyer will make you look like you were planning and perparing to kill someone. That you are trigger happy nut, just waiting for the opportunity to kill someone. That you altered the weapon to make it more leathal and made bullets that were designed to kill with extra powder etc.

Just something to think about!

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Philip said:
I took a two day training course on using the AR-15. It was a great time and a very good course. I had lunch with the owner of the training facility and an attourney who represents police officers involved in shootings. They both told me not to alter the magazine saftey on my M&P. The owner is used as an expert witness and stated that if you are forced to defend yourself with an altered gun, the opposing lawyer will have a field day. He stated I should sell the gun and buy one made the way I want if from the manufacturer. He stated you should also not use reloaded ammo in your conceal and carry weopon. He stated the lawyer will make you look like you were planning and perparing to kill someone. That you are trigger happy nut, just waiting for the opportunity to kill someone. That you altered the weapon to make it more leathal and made bullets that were designed to kill with extra powder etc.

Just something to think about!

Thats what people have been saying for years. The reloading part is true, but altering your pistol is fubar. There is alot of stuff you can do to your pistol that woln't affect the performance, aka remove the mag safety, grip texture and so on. Trigger jobs are also defendable in court.

This discussion is for another thread though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've been directly involved in court action resulting from a defensive shooting where a custom 1911 with a 2.5 lb. trigger and a bunch of other after market work was done including having the grip safety pinned. This was a civil suit action and the whole thing about altering a handgun and using it in a defensive shooting is pure B.S.. You are either justified in shooting the P.O.S. scumbag or you're not. That's what it comes down too. Cops can't alter their service firearms so I guess it could be an issue with them but average Joe either has the right to kill someone who wants to kill him or he doesn't. The item used to dispatch the thug and it's construction doesn't come into play in most cases. Research court cases on your own. Don't take someone elses word. Especially a Lawyers.

A lot of what these Bozo's blow out their pie holes about "Don't alter your gun and use it to defend your life or you'll get in trouble for it" comes from sitting around doing "What if's" and not from real world court actions.

This discussion is for another thread though.

oooooops! Sorry, I posted prior to reading this. :oops:

·
Registered
56 Posts
What I truly love about our new law in MI is that you cannot be sued in court for a justifiable shooting. This is the best clause in our recent law. We are immune from civil action. Gotta love it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts