MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain what the magazine safety disconnect is? I just bought the MP40 fullsize recently and I just saw a link about the mag safety disconnect, it was a write up on how to do it but didn't explain about what it is.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
When there is no mag in the pistol, it will not fire. Simple as that.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
The magazine disconnect is a safety feature which prevents firing the pistol when the magazine is removed. Personally, I think it's a good thing, but not everyone shares my opinion, it can be a controversial subject.

To see how it works, using an unloaded pistol, be sure to double check and make sure the chamber is empty, remove the magazine then pull the trigger, you will find it's disconnected and doesn't do anything at all. Again double check to make sure it's unloaded, then reinsert an empty magazine, pull the trigger again and you will find it cycles normally.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Many law enforcement agencies like the idea of a mag disconnect for the saftey it can offer. I personally want to be able to pull the trigger and have the gun go boom if I need it to during a tac. reload! Personal choice~ :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts