MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a shield plus and it seems to have an issue, if I rack the slide with an empty mag, I seems to scratch the top of the follower. No other gun that I have does this and was wondering if it was normal for the shield.
Finger Nail Thumb Wood Tints and shades
Finger Nail Thumb Wood Tints and shades

·
Registered
S&W H&K Glock
173 Posts
Check with the slide removed to see if the extractor pin has moved down or wasn't installed flush BUT that would leave a mark on the other side of the follower
I see it's been two weeks with only the one other greeting
Did you get the problem fixed or found the issue?
If it's doing that to the follower, imagine what it would do to the top round in the magazine under the chambered round
That's a real issue for sure, I can even see the flakes of the orange polymer in the photo
Is the magazine follower in the magazine backwards?
I don't have a Shield Plus but do have the older Shield 2.0 8 round model
Let us know what you have found

Welcome to the Forum @Wawa

·
Registered
468 Posts
Welcome.

Not a Shield owner either, but -

Do both mags have the same issue?

What lines-up with the mark on the underside of the slide?

Do spent cases have a mark in the same location.

·
Registered
S&W H&K Glock
173 Posts
Thought a few images might help
There are a few areas under the slide that could be sharp & pointed that could cause the marks on the magazine follower

Rectangle Auto part Composite material Gun accessory Automotive exterior
Bumper Grille Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check with the slide removed to see if the extractor pin has moved down or wasn't installed flush BUT that would leave a mark on the other side of the follower
I see it's been two weeks with only the one other greeting
Did you get the problem fixed or found the issue?
If it's doing that to the follower, imagine what it would do to the top round in the magazine under the chambered round
That's a real issue for sure, I can even see the flakes of the orange polymer in the photo
Is the magazine follower in the magazine backwards?
I don't have a Shield Plus but do have the older Shield 2.0 8 round model
Let us know what you have found

Welcome to the Forum @Wawa
So the top of the slide is what's scratching it, and it also doesn't actuate the slide stop on an empty mag, called s&w and just forwards me to a voicemail. Talked to other people at range/gunstore and people either scratch their head or just tell me the gun is bad. When firing, can't really tell if it does anything to the rounds, spent casings look fine, just when I shoot the last round slide just goes down and scratches the top of the follower. So I believe it only scratches in one direction.
Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
39 Posts
None of mine do that. I would email S&W with a description and pics, hard to get anyone on the phone now days. All the best getting this resolved.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I used to have a Springfield XDm that used to leave a gouge in the follower like that. I was told it was normal. Never seemed to hurt the performance at all but I ended up selling that gun anyway.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
So the top of the slide is what's scratching it, and it also doesn't actuate the slide stop on an empty mag, called s&w and just forwards me to a voicemail. Talked to other people at range/gunstore and people either scratch their head or just tell me the gun is bad. When firing, can't really tell if it does anything to the rounds, spent casings look fine, just when I shoot the last round slide just goes down and scratches the top of the follower. So I believe it only scratches in one direction.
Thanks for the response.
The bottom of the slide is what you're discussing, and the slide doesn’t “just go[es] down;” the mag follower goes up.

Reactions: ShooterGranny
1 - 9 of 9 Posts