MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a week ago I purchased my first M&P 45acp. After a trip to the range I went and purchased another M&P 45. With the $50.00 rebate and 2 free mag offer I felt like this was a good value. Both guns came with 2 Magazines in which one mag worked fine and the other mag takes almost sub human strenth to get the 10rd in and when you do you really have to force the mag into the gun, no fast loading with these mags. What is the problem? It has to be putting a lot of preasure on the magazine catch. One of the store employee's told me I would never have this problem with a Glock or even an XD. He is correct I own the other two brands and have never had this type of problem. He refers to the S&W MP's as the "If you can't beat them join them" gun. I can not understand how the magazines vary so much and came in the same box. This store stated there has been problems with the 9mm and 40cal feeding hollow point ammo. I really like my first M&P, it's a good shooter. The only problem other than the magazines is the trigger pull is a little heavy and gritty. I called S&W and they said the gritty feeling and the weight of pull will get better with use. They had no idea what the mag problem was. I have tried keeping the first bad mag loaded and so far it has not helped. Need your opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Did you clean your new mags?

About the "join them" comment. I think its a nod to the Glock which has done very well and dominates its class, but I think the M&P improves on it. If I didn't I would have purchased a Glock instead.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M&P 45 mag's

Yes. I alway's completly clean the weapon as well as the magazines on a new weapon. I also Think the Glocks are very good weapons. I prefer the XD a little over the Glock and I hope I can build trust in the M&P 45. The M&P has the right name on it and it is build here. I called S&W and ordered a striker assembly just in case and another mag. S&W has great service after the sale. Again I have never had my Glock or XD mag's have the M&P problem. My first gun is a great shooter.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have a total of six mags so far for my M&P .45, and they're getting easier to seat (and load with ten rounds) the more I use them. It's just a question of using them...and ignoring Glockaholics.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I think you should change the title of your thread. It seems to imply there's been a failure with them. Maybe change it to "M&P45 magazines are hard to load" or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts