MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a week ago I purchased my first M&P 45acp. After a trip to the range I went and purchased another M&P 45. With the $50.00 rebate and 2 free mag offer I felt like this was a good value. Both guns came with 2 Magazines in which one mag worked fine and the other mag takes almost sub human strenth to get the 10rd in and when you do you really have to force the mag into the gun, no fast loading with these mags. What is the problem? It has to be putting a lot of preasure on the magazine catch. One of the store employee's told me I would never have this problem with a Glock or even an XD. He is correct I own the other two brands and have never had this type of problem. He refers to the S&W MP's as the "If you can't beat them join them" gun. I can not understand how the magazines vary so much and came in the same box. This store stated there has been problems with the 9mm and 40cal feeding hollow point ammo. I really like my first M&P, it's a good shooter. The only problem other than the magazines is the trigger pull is a little heavy and gritty. I called S&W and they said the gritty feeling and the weight of pull will get better with use. They had no idea what the mag problem was. I have tried keeping the first bad mag loaded and so far it has not helped. Need your opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
308 Posts
4 months later and one of my 45's mags is still tighter than hades. The good news for you is that the two free ones should be fine. I have no idea why one mag works just fine and one is such a pain...

·
Registered
419 Posts
sholling said:

+1 here, actually +2 as I got a pair of Uplula loaders for my wife and myself. Once you try one of these there's no going back. We could have easily sold a half dozen of them on the range trip last weekend. It doesn't address the issues of a high pressure mag spring in the weapon but you'll load a 10 round mag as fast as you can pick up the rounds.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I do use the UpLula and it definitely is worth the money...makes loading the mags a snap, but it doesn't help with inserting the mag...

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
You can figure out what part of the Mag is your problem by simply swapping parts between Mags. Individual pieces can be obtained for considerably less cost that a complete Mag. Taking the problem Mag apart and cleaning it might also lead you to the problem.

:twisted:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sounds like your store clerk has a bias. All my mags load fine by hand so you probably have an out of spec part in a mag. Do as the other guy says and swap out parts 1 at a time ti you find the culprit then call smith and Im sure they will make it good. I never had a problem loading my XD mags but ALL of my Glock 21 mags have been so tight fitting the 13th round that they would actually spread the feed lips open and get a "nose high" attitude that I didn't like. I've also never had a problem feeding ANY hollowpoints. 100% reliable w/ Hornadt TAP FPD 230gr, Fed Hydra-shok 230 and 185gr and Remington Golden Sabre 230gr, oh yeah Cor Bon also 185gr I think.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M&P 45 mag's

I just received one of my replacemnt mags today. It is finished much better than the ones that came with the gun and the seam were is is weled is much better. While it does take a little effort to get the 10rd in you are able to get it into the gun with out using both hands. It would be simple to reload the weapon with this mag. The follower and spring appear to be the same. I am satisfied with this particular magazine. There is a slight difference some where. I wonder if the magazine tube is off just a tad?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts