MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this has been touched on. I just got off the phone with S&W. They (the person I talked to) said they would not remove my mag safety. Even though I work for a federal agency (this is my off duty/IDPA/IPSC gun which is the main reason I want it removed). The customer service guy said I can buy an M&P that was made that way (like my M&P 45) but they won't remove the existing one on my M&P9. Was that just this one fellow or is that standard? I know a number of Smith's can do it but I figured if S&W did it it wouldn't void the warrenty. Thanks for any info.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Remove it yourself...

If you take it out, and send it in for wnty work, they will kindly put it back in for you also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mostly want it done for convenience for IPSC/IDPA matches (and my issue sidarms don't have a mag safety) The thing I worry about is as an employee of a fed agency is if I am involved in an off duty shooting it will be looked at closly. I am not concerned on myself doing anything wrong but if my handgun is not "as manufactured" let the civil law suits begin. It's a little easyer to explain that the manufacturer offered it than that I did it. That is my big concerns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts